Patriot Family Homes is a fully integrated short-term rental company that is proudly Veteran-owned and -operated. We are currently headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, but also have many remote and travel roles, and field teams that include W-2 and 1099 team members who live in the markets where our houses are located across the Southeast, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, and Southwest.
Founded in 2018 by US Army Veteran Joe Riley, Patriot Family Homes was created to assist in helping meet the need for affordable, reliable housing in the South, particularly near military bases. Since then, we have grown from a handful of homes to 350+ properties in 25+ markets, offering services to clients in the following areas:
- Property Management
- Management Support
- Temporary Housing Relocation
As veterans, we understand the importance of “home,” and our team works each and every day to provide that feeling through exemplary service. When you become a team member at PFH, you will become a part of our work family, where we strive to ensure you always feel supported and valued for the sacrifices you make as we continue to grow in excellence.
As part of this growth, we are looking to hire an Accountant. This person will be an integral part of our accounting team, having many responsibilities, including the monthly close process, processing financial transactions, and preparing financial reports. This position will report directly to the Controller.
- Complete various assigned and complete monthly close procedures.
- Responsible for timely and accurate recording of journal entries and the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, among others.
- Assist with all general accounting functions across the portfolio of companies.
- Assist in preparing financial reports to meet internal and external financial reporting requirements, including standard financial statements (balance sheet, P&L, cash flow), portfolio performance, and cash-on-cash return.
- Process various accounting transactions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash receipts.
- Monitor outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable and the associated aging of those accounts.
- Assist with establishing accounting policies and procedures.
- Help facilitate the annual audit process and other regulatory examinations/reviews as necessary.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining an adequate internal control framework.
- As required, interact with lenders, auditors, and other third parties regarding finance functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- 2+ years of accounting experience or equivalent work experience.
- Able to start ASAP ~3-6 weeks.
- Remote position; some travel may be required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $50,000-$65,000
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health Insurance Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs