Become part of our Team known for Precision, Excellence, and Efficiency at Walker Legal.
Headquartered in the U.S. Virgin Islands, with offices in the historical towns of Christiansted and Frederiksted, St. Croix, Walker Legal is a general practice law firm known for its client-centric advocacy and sought-after legal counsel. We are dedicated to providing clients and collaborators with high-quality legal services encompassing passion, strategy, and action. We aim to guide our clients through the intricacies of the legal process by actively listening to their needs and developing a tailored plan that builds a roadmap to achieve the best possible outcomes.
In our firm, you will find a professional team work environment where each member's role is valued and understood. You will receive the tools needed to excel in your practice area and opportunity for professional development and growth. Our approach is systematic, and we place a high value on building close, lasting relationships with our clients to ensure that our clients receive a beneficial and positive experience from start to finish.
If you are a conscientious and dedicated legal professional who enjoys working with clients and solving problems, we invite you to join us as we continue to grow and make a difference in the lives of our clients and the community.
As our Senior Paralegal in Probate and Estate Planning, your role will be to lead and serve as the main point of contact for the Firm's probate practice. You’ll also work alongside an attorney and a legal assistant, ensuring every task is completed precisely and efficiently.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity for a leader who is detail-oriented, possesses strong analytical skills, and has a clear focus on quality and accuracy. As we continue to grow, you will also have the exciting opportunity to help launch our new estate planning practice.
If you join our in-house team, we provide relocation assistance to ensure that your transition to your new work and home is as smooth as possible. Should you join our team remotely, we provide equipment and technology for a seamless workplace experience. Apply today to join us in achieving excellence in a position that blends your expertise in detailed skill-based work while benefiting from a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
- Lead the Firm's probate practice team working alongside an attorney and legal assistant
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Firm's probate practice, interfacing with clients with empathy and expertise, opposing counsel and their staff, and the Court
- Support the work of the Attorney assigned to the probate practice
- Supervise and delegate tasks to the Legal Assistant assigned to the probate practice
- Develop and modify systems, workflows, and templates for the Firm's probate practice as needed
- 5+ years experience as a paralegal, with at a primary focus working in Probate and Estate Planning
- Some travel to Christiansted, Saint Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands is required
- Highly organized individual with a superior level of attention to detail
- Experience in developing and working with systems, workflows, and utilizing templates
- Experience using case management software to manage clients, tasks, and to enter time
- Ability to delegate and follow up on tasks assigned to other legal professionals to ensure deadlines are met
- Experience reviewing and finalizing draft documents prepared by attorneys
- Must possess strong communication skills as you will be the “face” of the Firm’s probate practice
- Personable and friendly who enjoys working with others as a team
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $52,000 - $65,000 based on experience and achievement, with a yearly minimum billable requirement of 1,610 hours
Bonus: Bonus incentives for meeting quarterly and annual minimum billable requirements.
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance
- Telecommuting options
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
Scheduling: This role offers the flexibility of working either on-site or remotely