Working at Sextant Stays means you’ll play a valuable role in solving the problem presented to travelers forced to choose between two flawed options: impersonal and expensive hotels or unreliable and inconsistent vacation rentals. What makes us different from other luxury short-term rental companies is our process of hand selecting each property and then moving forward with complete renovations, ensuring that each home aligns with our standards.
We can definitively say that our commitment to detail, design, decor, customer service, and implementing smart technology has driven our success. We are now looking for a candidate dedicated to maintaining these properties while putting guest satisfaction first.
We are excited to offer a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus! $500 paid after three months of employment, with another $500 paid after six months of employment.
In order to fill the role of Overnight Maintenance Technician, we need a reliable person who's hard-working and not afraid to get their hands dirty. This position aims to ensure our guests have a memorable stay by providing them with any maintenance assistance they may need.
In this role, it will be your responsibility to conduct excellent fieldwork, which includes:
- Maintaining and repairing defects within the building and guest rooms.
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Acting as an ambassador of the brand with a high level of professionalism
- Ensuring each property meets safety standards
Your day-to-day duties will involve performing tasks at multiple properties in the area, requiring prompt responses to issues as they arise, a clean driving record, and the ability to work under time constraints. It will be crucial for your success that you solve problems independently, prioritize tasks, implement processes, and communicate effectively so that you can accomplish tasks efficiently without supervision.
This position is scheduled overnight 11PM- 7AM (40 hours per week)
- Respond to defects/requests in guest rooms in a timely manner ensuring guest satisfaction and resolution.
- Identify and troubleshoot maintenance issues within the building and/or guest rooms.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance on building equipment and guest rooms.
- Perform general maintenance tasks (i.e., painting, electrical, HVAC, etc.).
- Conduct walk-through observations of the entire premises & observe the security monitors for any unusual activity.
- Memorize and monitor life safety systems installed at the property, including the layout of the entire building, alarm pull stations, and location of fire extinguishers and sprinklers.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Hands-on maintenance or DIY experience is required
- Basic understanding of home maintenance and; Hospitality maintenance background is preferred.
- Must be bilingual (English and Spanish speaker).
- Experience using mobile apps for team collaboration and communication (experience with Slack, and Google Suite).
- Use of a personal vehicle, valid Driver’s License, clean driving record, and proof of insurance are strongly preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: $16.00 -$19.00 per hour based on experience and achievement
Bonus: Incentive-based bonus program
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- 401(k) Retirement plan - Sextant Stays Matches 100% up to 3% of your salary. 401(k) is fully vested upon the first contribution.