Job Title: Operations Manager
Company Location: South Haven, Michigan
After 40+ years offering superb service and care to vacation home owners and amazing Lake Michigan vacations to their guests, Shores Vacation Rentals understands a thing or two about vacation rental management. Our company stands as a pillar of our small, close knit community on the lakeshore and an example of long lasting, stable success. We believe the perfect cocktail of the right homes, the right partners and the right team creates great vacation experiences.
The Operations Manager is a hands-on position, responsible for leading our Operations Team, while working closely with SVR’s Senior Leadership Team to pinpoint areas for improvement or growth for the company as a whole. Your operations team will consist of a full time (seasonal) staff of Housekeeping and Maintenance departments, as well as cleaning companies, maintenance providers and other outside vendors.
Are you the right candidate for SVR’s new Operations Manager? The position requires confidence, independent action, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them. A well-suited candidate will adapt quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical solutions for dealing with them. Your style is purposeful and directed at getting things done quickly, without sacrificing quality. And of course, in all interactions with guests or homeowners, the ability to offer genuine caring and exceptional service.
- Work with SVR’s Owner Advocate, as well as housekeeping and maintenance leaders to develop and maintain hospitality, quality and safety standards for each property and oversee the operations team to meet or exceed those standards.
- Determine staffing requirements for your team. Interview, hire and train new employees within the department. Maintain respectful and friendly relationships to support and retain staff, build strong teams and develop future leaders within the company.
- Ensure Operations staff have the tools and materials needed to effectively perform their duties. Maintain warehouse inventories and order as needed. Develop and adhere to a budget to manage warehouse expenses.
- Schedule the activities and tasks of your team to successfully complete duties and projects on time and on budget.
- Enter work orders and track billable time. Communicate with management and property owners regarding repairs if outside of permissible expenses.
- At all times, provide exceptional and professional customer service to both guests and homeowners.
- Maintain quantity and assure quality of inventory items included with each property, replace items as needed, bill and notify homeowners of replacements.
- Coordinate and manage the onboarding of new units.
- Handle operations issues with professionalism and flexibility, discovery through solution.
- Schedule and perform annual inspections of grounds, buildings and facilities in condominium complexes or HOA’s. Report findings to the homeowners, the associations, and your operations team.
- Review open work orders on a weekly basis and review monthly work order billing for accuracy prior to owner statement preparation.
- Obtain quotes and bids from outside vendors or trades as needed.
- Learn and utilize current technology used for operations and vacation rental management.
- Participate in after-hours duties as needed or assigned.
- Identify and investigate new technologies to improve revenue or streamline processes.
- Actively participate and contribute as a member of SVR’s Leadership Team, attend regular team meetings, provide insight and collaborate to problem-solve and find new opportunities for growth with other department managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 years professional experience in personnel management. Experience in travel/hospitality fields preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Project management experience and the ability to organize timelines, priorities and budgets.
- Willingness and ability to work weekends and holidays as the business requires.
- Ability to understand and respect the differing needs of homeowners, guests and company and find effective solutions that work for all parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability and experience to hire, train and manage a skilled team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Compensation: Annual Salary, $45,000+, based on experience, qualifications, and departmental growth.
Bonus: Incentive Plan
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days