Seachange Vacation Rentals head offices, Rehoboth Beach DE.
Travel Primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
It’s in the name! Guests, Property Owners, and staff see the change when working with Seachange Vacation Rentals! We are a focused, full-service vacation rental management company thriving in an aggressively competitive market dominated by legacy beach rental management companies. Seachange exists at the intersection of real estate and hospitality. We saw a niche being ignored by our competition: hospitality drives the real estate solution and management technique. What Seachange Vacation Rentals does for our Property Owners goes beyond rental management and property management. We streamline business operations and position properties for maximum revenue and guest enjoyment. We believe that a focus on providing a consistent quality experience for vacationing Guests will deliver on the investment Owners make in their properties. We consult with our Owners to build a curated selection of vacation rental properties set up with the vacationing Guest in mind all while protecting Owner properties and increasing property values. We are a young, confident company staffed by upbeat, curious, Guest focused people. We’re not afraid to be different. We’re looking for team members who’re not afraid to stand out either. We value collaboration, contribution, curiosity, and courtesy. There’s no room for divas or drama at Seachange. We’re firmly focused on our business and enjoy delivering quality experiences even when it’s inconvenient for us.
Seachange: noun meaning a striking change, as in appearance, often for the better; any major transformation or alteration; a transformation brought about by the sea.
Seachange Vacation Rentals has an immediate opening for an experienced General Manager.
The General Manager provides the leadership and management style to conduct the smooth execution of the CEO’s vision for the development and operations of the company. The candidate must already have prior experience as GM for a medium-sized hotel or vacation rental management company. This is no job for wallflowers or divas! You need to be a curious, upbeat, energetic personality and will be required to perform the job duties of those you supervise as business dictates. The hospitality industry often requires working early mornings, evenings, and weekends. You will take an after-hours emergency on-call rotation with all W2 staff. Must have independent transportation.
You need to ensure the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively manage the organization's daily operations. The General Manager accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive, collaborative, and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company. This role is a key member of the management team, reporting directly to the CEO/President and CFO/Vice President (company Ownership).
The goal of the General Manager is to secure the functionality of the business, to drive operational efficiency and provide exemplary service to our guests and owners.
Candidates should feel comfortable wearing many hats, be obsessed with details yet not overlook the big picture, have a good sense of organization and time prioritization.
Ensure the smooth operation of assigned duties of administrative, housekeeping, and maintenance staff. Liaise with the Reservations Manager to monitor booking pacing, understand how booking revenue drives department budgets, and ensure the smooth functioning of the reservations team.
Onboard new Property Owners into the Seachange management program.
Build out our newly formed property management and housekeeping departments in line with the company vision.
A Delaware Real Estate License is welcomed, but not necessary.
Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the operations team that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company. Direct the general operations to ensure the mission, vision, values, and strategic initiatives are integrated with all aspects of the business.
- Lead team to create and implement necessary projects that support initiatives to be efficient, innovative, and responsive to both property owners and rental guests.
- Be responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all internal processes. Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operation of business departments and ensure appropriate assessment and reporting of progress on projects is provided to company Ownership as required.
- Provide training and staff development opportunities related to areas of interest and expertise, and conduct performance evaluations of your direct reports.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of our organization.
- Attract, recruit, motivate and lead a high-performance team.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Positively represent Seachange Vacation Rentals to Property Owners, Guests, the Delaware Beaches community, and its business leaders.
- Lead the oversight of risk management activities and manage a continuous quality improvement process across the organization as it is related to operational efficiencies, data management, and reporting and service outcomes.
- Ensure that the organization’s commitment to continuous quality improvement is embedded throughout all program and service areas.
- Ensure the establishment of processes for risk management review and awareness and ensure corrective plans are effective and result in system and process change, as necessary.
- Develop mechanisms that focus on system improvement throughout the organization to include the development of efficient processes, standardized and structured workflow, and the alignment of procedures with daily activities: promote regular and ongoing opportunities for staff to give feedback on operational functioning and process barriers.
- It’s easy! You must be an experienced Vacation Rental Company General Manager or an experienced General Manager from at least a mid-size hotel property.
- Communication is key. You must be able to communicate at every level and job function from CEO to line level maintenance and housekeeping.
- Attention to detail.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, in the English language, on the phone, through various means of electronic devices, talk and hear.
- Spanish as a second language is helpful.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, or walk for long periods of time; use hands and fingers, type on a computer or electronic device; handle, use or feel; and stoop, crouch, bend over, kneel.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds and reach overhead with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This position may regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice depending on operational needs at the time.
Compensation and Benefits
- $70,000 - $100,000 annual salary based on experience.
- Paid Time Off:
- 1 Year Service 5 days PTO.
- 2 Year Service 10 days PTO.
- 5 Year Service 15 days PTO.
- Paid Holidays:
- Thanksgiving Day.
- Christmas Day.
- New Year Day.
- On-Call Compensation:
- Memorial Day to Labor Day – 8 hours paid time off for each week of on-call duty.
- Off-Season – 4 hours paid time off for each week of on-call duty.
- Health Care – Seachange gives W2 employees access to a company Group Healthcare plan but employees pay their own costs. Seachange pays staff above local comparable salaries to help offset costs of healthcare.