Stay Charlottesville Management Group is a leader in boutique hospitality in the Charlottesville, Albemarle, and Nelson County areas. SCMG is expanding quickly each year within each associated business and beyond into other related hospitality fields. Our current businesses are Stay Charlottesville vacation homes, Old Metropolitan Hall, Monticello Wine Tour & Coach Co, amongst management of smaller boutique hotels. We are looking for individuals with great enthusiasm, work ethic, sales & hospitality experience, and desire to please in customer service. As a small business, we are very team-oriented and seek to assist our cohorts in order to maximize our resources and facilitate the best possible guest and client experience.
The Operations Manager provides the leadership and management necessary to ensure the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and people systems in place to effectively manage the organization's daily operations. The Manager accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company. This role is a key member of the management team, reporting directly to ownership. The goal of the Operations Manager is to secure the functionality of the business, to drive operational efficiency and provide exemplary service to our guests and owners.
Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the operations team that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company. Direct the general operations to ensure the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives are integrated in all aspects of business.
- Lead team to create and implement necessary projects that support initiatives to be efficient, innovative, and responsive to both property owners and rental guests.
- Be responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all internal processes. Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operation of business departments and ensure appropriate assessment and reporting of progress on projects is provided to the Assistant General Manager as required.
- Provide training and staff development opportunities related to areas of interest and expertise, and conduct performance evaluations of your direct reports.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of our organization.
- Attract, recruit, motivate and lead a high-performance team.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Positively represent Stay Charlottesville to property owners, rental guests, the Charlottesville community and its business leaders.
- Lead the oversight of risk management activities and manage a continuous quality improvement process across the organization as it is related to operational efficiencies, data management and reporting and service outcomes.
- Ensure that the organization’s commitment to continued quality improvement is embedded throughout all program and service areas.
- Ensure the establishment of processes for risk management review and awareness and ensure corrective plans are effective and result in system and process change as necessary.
- Develop mechanisms that focus on system improvement throughout the organization to include the development of efficient processes, standardized and structured work flow and the alignment of procedures with daily activities: promote regular and ongoing opportunities for staff to give feedback on operational functioning and process barriers.
Actionable Decision Making
Problem Solving/ Analysis
Required Education and Experience
At least five years of strong operational experience
Preferred Education and Experience
At least five years in a property management role
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Demonstrated experience in facility management or property management with previous experience overseeing service teams
Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to company mission
Flexibility and ability to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding people and systems
Experience in the vacation rental industry/hospitality industry
Experience in luxury brand
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, in the English language, on the phone, through various means of electronic devices, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, or walk for long periods of time; use hands and fingers, type on a computer or electronic device; handle, use or feel; and stoop, crouch, bend over, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds; and reach overhead with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position may regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
Primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice depending on operational needs at the time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 Base + Bonus /year w/ benefits