New England Vacation Rentals is a locally owned full-service vacation rental and property management company specializing in managing and marketing vacation home rentals in Cape Cod. We started as "owners" renting our homes and have a combined 35 years together in the business!
As we continued to navigate the marketing of the rental industry, we took on several other "friend's" rentals and, over a few years, grew to now managing over 140 vacation homes. We continue to expand our services and amenities as requested by our guests and owners. We have many pet-friendly homes, summer homes with a/c, homes with Internet, homes with pools, and homes on the water. All of our homes are professionally maintained. We strive to provide each guest and owner exceptional quality, value, and customer service. We work with the local Cape Chamber of Commerce to offer three or 7-night stays at many of our homes during the Spring and Fall.
Should you be the right candidate to take on the position of General Manager, your most significant objective will be to demonstrate total commitment to providing the best possible experience for homeowners, guests, and employees. To do this successfully, you'll need to have exceptional leadership and organizational skills and the ability to manage the day-to-day operations while keeping in focus the company's long-term goals. In this role, you will report directly to the President and collaborate in all company areas. This will require you to confidently manage and effectively communicate with staff, vendors, guests, and homeowners.
As GM, you will direct all aspects of the business, including:
- Homeowner relations
- Business development
- Community and guest relations
Working with us will allow you to work alongside our cofounders and investors, who are deeply committed to continued growth and success, making this role a unique opportunity for anyone looking to make a significant impact and grow their career.
- Ensure the best possible experience for homeowners, guests, and Employees.
- Build solid homeowner relationships with other property managers, community leaders, and staff.
- Closely monitor financial performance, industry trends, and pricing strategy to ensure the achievement of revenue and EBITDA goals.
- Develop and pursue growth strategies and owner acquisition.
- Research and implement processes to help the company with operational efficiency.
- Meet the company's revenue goals by leveraging data acquired and staying up-to-date on industry trends and technology.
- Resolve all guest and homeowner-related issues promptly and professionally, consistent with the company's objectives.
- Collaborate with our leadership team in developing and executing our Annual Operating Plan.
- Recruit qualified applicants and train employees across guest services and operational teams by company standards.
- Provide on-site leadership through leading regular meetings with staff to achieve company-wide goals and expectations and to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Lead and develop frequent business reviews/ management presentations.
- Source and maintain third-party vendor relations.
- Adhere to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- 5+ years of experience as a General Manager or similar senior management or executive role in the vacation rental or hospitality industry is required.
- 5 + years of experience with proven knowledge of business processes and functions.
- Proven experience in planning and budgeting with the ability to create a concrete strategic vision for moving forward.
- Driven to constantly learn, upgrade skills, and know industry trends and technology.
- Demonstrated ability to support organic growth and relationship building.
- Strong analytical ability and ability to read and understand financial statements.
- Outstanding communication, organizational, time management, and leadership skills.
- Positive mindset and problem-solving aptitude.
- BS/BA in Business (preferred) or relevant field.
- Familiarity with VRC / PMS System preferred (Streamline/Escapia/Track).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $150,000 - $200,000
Bonus is Tied to Unit Growth and EBITDA Performance Metrics