Our mission at Nectar is to fundamentally change how short-term rental entrepreneurs finance and manage their portfolios. We offer cash flow-based financing options for short-term rental owners, enabling them to grow their businesses without raising equity or being restricted by traditional banking constraints.
As apartment complex owners and short-term rental operators in the past, we understand the struggle to find solid financing solutions. Determined to find a way to overcome the challenges we faced has led us to build a platform providing entrepreneurs with the tools needed to succeed in the rapidly growing short-term rental market.
Based in Atlanta, our venture-backed firm, with a powerful inbound lead engine, recently raised a discretionary fund and closed a new $25 million debt facility.
If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of a start-up at the forefront of the short-term rental industry, Nectar is the place for you.
At Nectar, the Head of Risk and Underwriting is responsible for assessing and mitigating risk across the company. This includes analyzing new deals to ensure they are within the company's risk parameters, developing underwriting guidelines, and working with the team to create a diverse and profitable portfolio.
You will own our underwriting process and portfolio construction, which includes:
- Improving upon the systems and processes already in place.
- Working with the origination team to prepare reports for the Investment Committee.
- Conducting risk analysis and financial modeling of past, current, and prospective cash flows.
- Managing the risk/return profile across our cash flow portfolio.
The right candidate for this position must be highly strategic, have a deep understanding of credit risk and underwriting principles, and possess a strong background in real estate with experience in underwriting short-term rental deals. You must be able to think outside the box and develop creative solutions to ensure risk mitigation.
As a member of Nectar, you will have the opportunity to be an essential part of our team and be rewarded with competitive compensation, benefits, and a perks package. For someone seeking an exciting, challenging, and rewarding role in Atlanta, Georgia, Nectar's Head of Risk & Underwriting position is the perfect fit.
- Own our underwriting process and portfolio construction.
- Collaborate with our development team to improve our proprietary origination platform to streamline the origination and underwriting process.
- Engage with prospective customers to walk them through the underwriting requirements.
- Direct the origination team to curate our portfolio construction.
- 5+ years experience in risk, underwriting, or portfolio management for a fintech lender, debt service coverage ratio (DSCR) loans, or SMB Lending (preferably 10+).
- Ability to analyze and model risk and demonstrate how that risk relates to broader business and financial goals.
- Experience managing P&L for a loan or asset-backed security portfolio.
- Experience working with nontraditional or innovative investment products, primarily if they are based on installment or commercial real estate financing.
- Experience creating an underwriting process and building a team from the ground up preferred.
- Experience in a startup or small company environment is preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $100,000 - $150,000 based on achievement and experience
Bonus Details: Up to 100% of base compensation based on participation in loan collection revenue.
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance
- Telecommuting options
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules