What is HostGPO?
HostGPO is the first group purchasing organization (“GPO”) for the short-term rental industry. Over the past two years, we have acquired thousands of members who collectively manage nearly tens of thousands of vacation rental units across the United States and Canada - from AirBNBs to boutique hotels. Our members get access to our best-in-industry discounts on everything they need to furnish and stock their units (from furniture and mattresses to linens and toiletries).
Through our collective buying power, hosts with as few as 3 units, to companies with hundreds have the potential to save money, streamline their procurement processes, and provide better guest experiences. We are growing quickly and are having a huge impact on the vacation rental industry as a whole - come join our team!
While we’re based on the westside of Los Angeles, we are open to hiring remotely (within the US) for this role.
What are we looking for?
Our Membership Development Representative will be an entrepreneurially-minded individual, who can build a great rapport with our diverse member base. They will develop close relationships with new members and help onboard them onto our site, as well as be responsible for outreach to targeted members we’d like to join our group and follow up with current ones. They will be a tenacious go-getter, who is detail-oriented and is comfortable wearing multiple hats.
What will you be doing?
- Managing inbound leads and onboarding new HostGPO members who sign up on the site, welcoming them with a call or zoom, and walking them through how to use our website
- Prospect new short-term and other furnished rental operators that could benefit from HostGPO membership
- Reach out to short-term rental companies identified as potential members
- Communicate with reservationists, receptionists, and other outward-facing employees of short-term rental companies to secure meetings with harder-to-reach key decision-makers like procurement managers and senior executives
- Periodically follow-up with members to make sure they’re taking advantage of HostGPO’s offerings.
- Work closely with leadership to develop opportunities that support member growth across our markets and increase brand awareness amongst hosts
Qualifications & What you’re bringing to the table:
- 1-3 years of experience in growth marketing, product marketing, or sales operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable phone / Zoom presence that fosters relationship building - comfort making cold calls is a must!
- Must be self-driven, someone who excels at multitasking and thrives in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- A desire to win and be part of a dynamic team
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Vacation rental industry experience (or real estate / interior design experience)
- Based in Los Angeles
- Working knowledge of HubSpot or similar CRM
- Familiarity with using various software stacks including Slack, Asana, and/or Confluence
Compensation: Annual Salary, $54,000 base salary + ability to earn performance bonus incentives, estimated up to $96,000 Based on experience and qualifications
- Stock Option / Equity in a quickly growing startup
- Flexible PTO
- Paid for out-of-work educational experiences (i.e. if you wanted to take a course on the side)
- Fast career progression opportunities. You will always have more to learn and opportunities to develop professionally
- Exciting and open work environment. HostGPO is growing rapidly and constantly evolving. Lots of teamwork and collaborative problem-solving.
- Free HostGPO Membership
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days