Patriot Family Homes is a fully integrated short-term rental company that is proudly Veteran-owned and -operated. We are currently headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, but also have many remote and travel roles, as well as field teams that include W-2 and 1099 team members who live in the markets where our houses are located across the Southeast, Midwest, Mid Atlantic, and Southwest.
Founded in 2018 by US Army Veteran Joe Riley, Patriot Family Homes was created to assist in helping meet the need for affordable, reliable housing in the South, particularly near military bases. Since then, we have grown from a handful of homes to 350+ properties in 25+ markets, offering services to clients in:
- Property Management
- Management Support
- Temporary Housing Relocation
As veterans, we understand the importance of “home,” and our team works each and every day to provide that feeling through exemplary service. When you become a team member at PFH you will become a part of our work family, where we strive to ensure you always feel supported and valued for the sacrifices you make as we continue to grow in excellence.
Are you a skilled maintenance worker with abilities in multiple trades?
If so, you might be the right candidate to step into our role as our Maintenance Technician.
In this role, you’ll be on our frontline, ensuring all our properties are well maintained. Your day-to-day will include performing preventive maintenance tasks and responding to maintenance emergencies that arise while guests are staying in the home. You must be excellent at applying common sense solutions to keep our houses looking sharp while saving the company money by minimizing deferred maintenance costs and avoiding expensive third-party vendor service calls. It will be important for you to have a “can-do” attitude and love to explore innovative ways to improve our homes and maintenance processes.
This is an excellent opportunity to use your skills, work alongside a supportive team, interact with people, and feel massively accomplished at the end of each day.
Please note: This position has a 90-day trial period (W9), then will switch to a permanent position (W2), including benefits.
- Responding to emergency calls or any issues at homes in your market.
- Installing and troubleshooting technology in the house such as Ring security cameras, digital locks, and changing door codes.
- Repairing and maintaining the exterior of the home, such as repairing and replacing decking and railings, landscaping, and power washing.
- Performing general indoor maintenance, including but not limited to hanging wall art, drywall repair and painting, replacing windows, re-screwing in towel racks, replacing the carpet, etc.
- Unclogging drains and other plumbing duties such as but not limited to fixing leaky faucets, installing and fixing toilets, caulking tubs, accessing pipes through drywall, etc.
- Installing smoke and CO2 detectors, and changing batteries in smoke and CO2 detectors.
- Ensuring all linens, fabrics, furniture, carpets, and curtains are in good repair and free of stains.
- Additional maintenance tasks as needed
- Basic hand tool & power tool knowledge.
- Basic understanding of general home maintenance and handyman skills.
- Ability to complete and submit reports in a timely manner on maintenance issues.
- Must have a valid US Driver's License and reliable vehicle.
- Ability to drive a Uhaul.
- Willing to travel to other nearby markets if needed.
- Knowledge of how to take things apart and put them back together.
- Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively with a team and third-party vendors.
- Task-oriented and able to see the job through to completion.
- A perfectionist when it comes to upholding cleanliness and brand standards.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: $16.00 / hr
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Commuting/travel assistance