We are looking for a professional & proven Real Estate Broker to assist in launching a newly formed resort/vacation rental-focused brokerage. The Vision is to build a brokerage where the team is made up of experts in this segment, understanding return on investments, regulations, as well as identifying solid vacation homes. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in real estate in an entrepreneurial fashion, not afraid of minimal risk, and looking to grow a brand.
The launch of the brokerage will be the precursor to the development of resort inventory in the market for which this brokerage will be the sole listing agent.
- Develop a deep understanding of the short term rental industry
- Learn to develop a financial proforma that informs potential buyers on the rental potential of properties of interest.
- Develop a knowledge base around the requirements of property owners as it relates to renting their investment property.
- Provide guidance and assist sellers and buyers in marketing and purchasing property for the right price under the best terms
- Determine clients’ needs and financial abilities to propose solutions that suit them
- Intermediate negotiation processes, consult clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements, and related matters, ensuring a fair and honest dealing
- Perform comparative market analysis to estimate properties’ value
- Display and market real property to possible buyers
- Prepare necessary paperwork (contracts, leases, deeds, closing statements, etc)
- Maintain and update listings of available properties
- Cooperate with appraisers, escrow companies, lenders, and home inspectors
- Develop networks and cooperate with attorneys, mortgage lenders, and contractors
- Promote sales through advertisements, open houses, and listing services
- Remain knowledgeable about real estate markets and best practices
- Proven working experience as a Virginia Real Estate Broker
- Deep knowledge of Nelson Co, Albemarle Co, and City of Charlottesville markets
- Proven track of successful sales record
- Ability to work independently combined with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong sales, negotiation, and communication skills
- Pleasant and trustworthy
- Virginia real estate broker’s license