We’re a locally-owned boutique vacation rental company whose mission is to provide guests with an amazing home away from home as they experience the Lowcountry and the Great Smoky Mountains.
From our humble beginnings in 2016, Coastal Vacation Properties (CVP) has grown 1077% over the past three years and was recently awarded as one of the Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies in the US in 2023. What once was a single rented-out bedroom in our CEO's home transformed into an expansive portfolio of short-term rental properties. We now expertly manage an $80M property portfolio for our esteemed clients, driving $5M in guest reservations annually and hosting 12,000 guests each year across 8 cities between South Carolina and Tennessee. This success can be directly attributed to our team's combined business expertise, entrepreneurial spirit, and first-hand investment experience.
We need a well-rounded maintenance professional at CVP to be our Maintenance Technician in Charleston, SC. Our ideal candidate must have basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general appliance, and cable/internet knowledge and be comfortable performing light carpentry and miscellaneous home repairs. As part of your responsibilities, you must be able to work on deadlines, ensure any issues are resolved before check-in, and have a professional manner, making guests feel at ease should they put in a maintenance call.
We'd love to connect if you’ve got the skills for reliable transportation and would like to work with a welcoming and collaborative team in the Charleston area.
- Perform preventative maintenance monthly, quarterly, and annually, as well as corrective maintenance across all properties.
- Promptly respond to emergency maintenance requests and either resolve or coordinate resolution.
- Manage to source, obtain quotes, schedule, and follow up with external vendors for maintenance issues/repairs.
- Assist with the removal of trash, debris, and other large items.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with other CVP departments regarding maintenance issues/needs to ensure the best guest experience possible.
- Assist CVP management with any job-related tasks and special projects, as needed.
- Previous experience as a maintenance technician is required.
- Working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general appliance, cable/internet knowledge, and comfortable with light carpentry and miscellaneous home repairs.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and time management skills and be prepared to organize and prioritize an ever-changing schedule between an ongoing maintenance list and emergency/urgent repairs.
- Must be dependable and available to work on weekends and evenings when needed.
- Must possess a smartphone, a valid state driver’s license, and a clean and operational vehicle.
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 30 -40 pounds
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, and twist
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour depending on experience (DOE)
Schedule: This is a full-time hourly position, which may require work activities outside of regularly scheduled hours when emergencies arise.