Located along the shores of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, Alabama, Current Tides Vacations Rentals is a fast-growing company offering vacation rental property management and real estate sales.
Innovative, embracing change, providing excellent service for our Owners and Guests, doing the right thing even when no one is looking, and celebrating success are some of the principles we believe in.
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Director of Operations and works with other Maintenance Technicians to perform the assigned maintenance tasks and preventative maintenance checks for our properties, office, and warehouse. This position is responsible for evaluating and troubleshooting maintenance issues in managed properties, following up on repair work completed by other staff and vendors, and utilizing our work order system to confirm that tasks are being completed properly and timely.
Great communication is an expectation for this role to ensure an outstanding guest experience. The Maintenance Technician works closely with the Property Manager to provide a safe, comfortable property for our guests, which has the most influence on Guest Satisfaction and Good Reviews. We seek those who understand the importance of Great Reviews.
Please note this is a contract position to move to an employee within 3 – 6 months. As we grow, the opportunity to grow into larger roles within the company does exist.
- Perform assigned maintenance activities per the schedule.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks as assigned.
- Document the maintenance activities & costs information in Breezeway or Track.
- Inform the Property Manager when work needs an outside vendor.
- Perform break in work based on guest concerns or issues as quickly as possible and coordinate with the Property Manager.
- Oversee maintenance of company building or vehicles.
- Maintain inventory, and order maintenance supplies while minimizing waste.
- Have knowledge of and assist with emergency procedures as required.
- Respond to after-hours maintenance callouts.
- Other duties as assigned or directed.
- 2+ years experience in maintenance, preferably in hospitality or property management industries or relatable service environments.
- Able to handle the stress of a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Strong detail orientation, time management, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must have reliable transportation and a working smartphone.
- Fluent English verbal/written skills and additional language knowledge is a plus.
- Outstanding communicator both verbally and written (phone, device, email)
- Willing to learn and be a strong user of property management software.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: $16.00 / per hour