Working at Sextant Stays means you’ll play a valuable role in solving the problem presented to travelers forced to choose between two flawed options: impersonal and expensive hotels or unreliable and inconsistent vacation rentals. What makes us different from other luxury short-term rental companies is our process of hand-selecting each property and then moving forward with complete renovations, ensuring that each home aligns with our standards.
Our commitment to detail, design, decor, customer service, and implementing smart technology has driven our success. We are now looking for a candidate dedicated to maintaining these properties while putting guest satisfaction first.
In order to fill the role of Maintenance Technician/Painter, we need a reliable person who's hard-working and not afraid to get their hands dirty. This position aims to ensure our guests have a memorable stay by providing them with any maintenance assistance they may need.
In this role, it will be your responsibility to conduct excellent fieldwork, which includes:
- Maintaining and repairing defects within the building and guest rooms.
- Performing preventative maintenance and painting.
- Acting as an ambassador of the brand with a high level of professionalism
- Ensuring each property meets safety standards
Your day-to-day duties will involve performing tasks at multiple properties in the area, requiring prompt responses to issues as they arise, a clean driving record, and the ability to work under time constraints. It will be crucial for your success that you solve problems independently, prioritize tasks, implement processes, and communicate effectively so that you can accomplish tasks efficiently without supervision.
The right applicant for this role should be a skilled painter.
- Respond to defects/requests in guest rooms in a timely manner ensuring guest satisfaction and resolution.
- Identify and troubleshoot maintenance issues within the building and/or guest rooms.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance on building equipment and guest rooms.
- Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around the building.
- Conduct walk-through observations of the entire premises & observe the security monitors for any unusual activity.
- Memorize and monitor life safety systems installed at the property, including the layout of the entire building, alarm pull stations, and the location of fire extinguishers and sprinklers.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Work experience in hospitality maintenance is preferred.
- Proficiency in Painting.
- Organized, hardworking, ownership mentality, and detail-oriented.
- Experience (either professional or personal) working with your hands-on maintenance or DYI projects.
- Interacting professionally and responsibly with guests, management, and vendors.
- A self-starter with a positive attitude who can work effectively in a team and independently.
- Unintimidated by using mobile apps while in the field for team collaboration and communication (experience with Slack, Google Suite).
- Flexible schedule and open to working evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Use of a personal vehicle, valid DriDriver'scense, clean driving record, and proof of insurance are strongly preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: $17.00 / hour
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee recognition programs