In 2021, Moving Mountains received an honorable mention for being in the top 50 - 100 places to work in the USA as determined by the Outside Magazine Best Places to Work Employees Survey.
Moving Mountains is a family-owned and locally-operated vacation rental company, established in 1997, that has carved out a niche for high-touch memorable vacation experiences in exceptional mountain homes. Our brand is built around pillars of trust and integrity and exceptional guest experiences. The company is a market leader in luxury vacation rental management managing almost 200 exceptional properties in the Colorado mountain destinations of Steamboat Springs, Beaver Creek, Vail, and now Breckenridge!
The Maintenance Technician is a valuable member of the operations team. The position is responsible for performing maintenance duties in managed luxury vacation rental homes. Knowledge of general home maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting is necessary to succeed in this position.
- Troubleshoot and complete maintenance work orders as assigned consistently and efficiently with a sense of urgency.
- Weekly preventative maintenance property checks.
- Post-departure and pre-arrival property inspections.
- Landscaping, irrigation maintenance, and seasonal snow removal.
- Create estimates for repairs.
- Vehicle Preventive Maintenance and Repair.
- Documentation of time worked and tasks completed for billable and non-billable time.
- Previous experience as a maintenance technician or similar role in vacation rentals, hospitality, or property management industry,
- Basic plumbing, electrical, and carpentry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of A/V equipment, home appliances, fireplaces, boilers, and HVAC
- Experience with landscaping, hot tubs/spas a plus.
- Great verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours when needed for emergencies.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record and be between 25-65 years old to be added to our insurance and drive company vehicles.
- Flexibility to work on-call shift rotations. Available to work weekends is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand and walk, climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, and icy and slippery surfaces.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: $24.00 - $27.00
Bonus Details: Discretionary annual and seasonal bonuses.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance