Be part of something amazing in Big Sky!
At Big Sky Vacation Rentals, we’re confident you’ll find deep satisfaction in joining our locally operated business, dedicated to managing luxury vacation rentals under the Montana skies. What sets us apart is that our leadership team is actively involved in the day-to-day operations, and each team member is truly a part of the Big Sky Vacation Rental family. Often, large corporations are out of touch with the challenges of working and living in Big Sky, but our down-to-earth approach and work culture set us apart.
While we’re home to the biggest skiing in America, we are so much more than that. Situated just 40 minutes from Yellowstone and surrounded by gorgeous, pristine wilderness, you can explore an overwhelming amount of beauty and activities.
When you apply, you’ll become an integral part of our small team, welcomed to the family with a group of people excited to see you thrive.
The maintenance and condition of a property mean everything in the vacation rental industry. We couldn’t do what we do without you - a stand-out Maintenance Technician.
For that reason, we’re in need of a hands-on individual to ensure our homes are always preserved, maintained and presented at a world-class level. Your day-to-day will include tackling maintenance tasks for prevention and repair issues as they arise, requiring you to work collaboratively with maintenance, housekeeping and third-party vendors. Your hard work and professionalism will ensure our guests have a superior experience and that our property owners can rest easy knowing their investments are in good hands.
To fulfill the requirements for this job, you should have some experience in home repair and property management.
If you have the drive and the experience, we’d love for you to reach out today. We look forward to connecting.
- Perform general repairs, diagnostics, and troubleshooting in all maintenance-related disciplines, e.g. carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, appliance, and minor electrical and seasonal tasks such as snow removal.
- Manage work order volume and complete assigned service orders daily.
- Prioritize work orders through urgent requests and establish down times to minimize inconveniencing guests and owners.
- Respond to guest and owner issues requiring troubleshooting of basic & light maintenance, appliance troubleshooting, cable/wi-fi, basic HVAC repair, light plumbing, and preventative maintenance.
- Establish & maintain open & collaborative relationships with the team, communicating repair timelines.
- Maintain an organized scheduling and tracking system, usually on a computer, to effectively complete all maintenance requests.
- Advanced knowledge of home systems, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- High school diploma or equivalent; higher education preferred
- 2+ years of property management, hospitality, or vacation rental experience (a combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Maintain compliance with local and state laws, including OSHA safety standards
- Able to grow professionally and learn new skills; open to accepting frequent changes
- Able to positively represent BSVR to various stakeholders.
- Able to think like a homeowner/guest in order to meet their needs in advance.
- Able to stand, sit, and walk for the majority of the day
- Able to apply physical skills, including bending, stretching, reaching, grabbing, holding, and carrying.
- Regularly push, pull, and lift up to 40 - 50 pounds
- Able to climb stairs, sometimes multiple times per day
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $25 - $28 based on experience and achievement
Bonus: Potential for a discretionary performance-based bonus
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- Employee recognition programs
Schedule: Flexibility to accommodate various schedules, including holidays and weekends.