The Leader in Western North Carolina Vacation Rentals for over 20 Years!
With our headquarters in Asheville, our team has been providing excellence in luxury mountain living for over 20 years. As a result of our passion for the industry and our love of the area, we have achieved great success and created an environment where people look forward to coming to work every day.
The Core Values We Stand Behind Are:
- Work-life Balance - we believe our employees operate at their best when there's a clear and comfortable divide between work and home life.
- Creativity, Innovation & Fluidity - we keep an open mind when approaching any situation for our guests, our owners, and our staff.
- Teamwork & Accountability to Get Things Done - we trust our employees to be accountable for their individual performance and to produce concrete results.
- Nurturing Relationships - we believe shared connections are at the heart of the vacation rental-sharing economy.
- Passion and Pride in All We Do - we believe anything worth doing is worth doing right and that we should be proud of our superior vacation rental program.
- Integrity, Honesty & Professionalism - we will always be open, transparent, and proper - even when it's not in our self-interest.
If you are looking for a results-driven company that also feels like family, who holds each other accountable while also holding each others' hands in times of need, and who sincerely strives to be the very best in all that we do - you'll love working with us at Carolina Mornings!
When you’re a Maintenance Technician at Carolina Mornings your day will start with hopping in your 4x4 (the preferred mode of transportation around here, so you can easily access our most remote properties) with your thermos of coffee, turning on the radio, and heading into the office in Asheville for supplies or simply checking our online apps to see what needs to be done and heading straight to your first location.
Once you’ve arrived, you’ll inspect the premises for any needed repairs or maintenance and begin working as quickly and efficiently as possible. You may be called upon to change fixtures, do light drywall repair/painting, troubleshoot internet connections, drain and clean hot tubs or a multitude of other common repair tasks as required. After completing all necessary duties for a given day, you would report back to the property office either in person or electronically via your smartphone, with the satisfaction of knowing you’ve made a difference by maintaining our properties and ensuring guests who stay have the best-maintained accommodations in the area.
If you think this position is a good fit for your skillset and experience, please apply now. We are excited to hear from you!
- Inspect the overall condition of homes and make necessary repairs, especially focusing on those that have health and safety implications.
- Perform maintenance of residential systems (replace light bulbs, repair drawers, install door knobs, assemble furniture, troubleshoot appliances, etc.)
- Assist in the troubleshooting of ventilation, refrigeration, and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary.
- Troubleshoot and Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure the functionality
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g., landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry, etc.)
- Interact with guests professionally and courteously while troubleshooting issues during a guest’s stay.
- 2+ years of proven experience as a Maintenance Technician, Residential Maintenance &/or Property Management Experience
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, standard appliances, and devices
- Able to provide general tools for carpentry, plumbing, and electrical, as well as reliable transportation to perform assigned duties. Mileage is reimbursed at a rate of 53.5 cents per mile.
- Good physical condition, strength, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate and maintain work documentation using a paperless work environment (smartphone, iPad, tablet).
- Strong Customer Service and communication skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Wage: $39,520 to $43,680 based on achievement and experience.
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities and flexible work schedules
Schedule: Regular work hours and available to routinely serve rotation for after-hour calls during the week and on-call for weekends as part of the Property Management Team.