“Oak Island’s Largest Property Management Company”
We founded our family-run and owned vacation rental company in 1991, shortly after our first visit to Oak Island. Having a deep love for the area, we strive to provide the best experiences possible by constantly improving and evolving our services. We aim to deliver exceptional vacation accommodations where people can relax while supporting local businesses.
With a family-like atmosphere, our team is dedicated to delivering a complete set of property management solutions. Among the many services we offer are reservations, housekeeping, maintenance, and marketing. This full-service model has resulted in us receiving the People’s Choice Award for “Best Beach Rentals” eight times and recognition from the local Chamber of Commerce. Whether a guest or property owner, we treat each customer with respect, attention, and care.
As well as offering many benefits to employees, we believe everyone deserves recognition for their skills and abilities. And, what better place to work than in beautiful Oak Island? Being able to work for a company that supports you while living in a stunning natural setting is a great combination.
We are looking for an organized and dependable Maintenance Technician to join our team at Oak Island Accommodations. The successful candidate will assist in the upkeep of our properties, ensuring a positive experience for both owners and guests.
This role requires excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues. In addition, you must be able to work well with others and show initiative when working under pressure or without direct supervision.
As a Maintenance Technician at Oak Island Accommodations, you will be responsible for the following:
- General home repair
- Routine and preventative maintenance
- Responding quickly & professionally to customer service calls.
- Other tasks as assigned
If you have solid problem-solving skills, meticulous attention to details, and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently when required, we want to hear from you!
- Preventative maintenance duties
- General home repair duties
- Respond to maintenance calls, and fix issues in an efficient manner
- Ensure the outdoor properties are maintained
- Comply with all health and safety procedures and protocols
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Completes work in a timely manner
- Strong communication skills
- 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license
- Basic repair skills, including plumbing, HVAC, electrical, pool, and hot tub knowledge
- Basic administrative and math skills
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Rate: $16 - $17 per hour based on experience and achievement
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- Employee recognition programs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
Schedule: Available during regular business hours, weekends, and after hours as needed.