The Story Behind The Legacy
Nestled in the breathtaking Western Maryland mountains, Deep Creek Lake is no ordinary destination. It draws thousands of visitors from near and far each year, who come to experience its crystal clear waters, lush green forests, and some of the most stunning mountain views around.
Visionary Nancy Railey, a member of Deep Creek Lake’s pioneering family, founded Railey Vacations in the 1980s as a safe and secure way for homeowners to generate revenue from their vacation homes.
As the business has grown, so have the services it provides. Besides providing property management, marketing, and reservation services to homeowners, Railey Vacations also includes wedding planning and coordination services at beautiful Deep Creek Lake venues, as well as being Deep Creek's #1 Real Estate Brokerage for those seeking a permanent lake lifestyle.
Employees enjoy working here because of the deep sense of community. We invite you to join Railey Vacations and become part of a team of visionaries who are constantly evolving while bringing decades of experience and wisdom to the table.
The legacy continues….
Ready to join a first-class hospitality maintenance team in beautiful Maryland?
If so, this job opportunity could be the perfect fit for you as our Maintenance Technician. Working in this role, you will be given the chance to work independently as well as in a team environment to complete work orders and achieve tasks. This is a position where your technical and generalized skillset to troubleshoot issues such as home repair, plumbing, and pool repair can shine. Additionally, we will provide you with the tools, a smartphone, and access to a fleet of company vehicles to ensure you are able to do this job to the best of your ability.
At Railey Vacations, we know that customer experience is paramount - so we’re looking for someone with exceptional customer service skills, an ability to think ahead and solve problems quickly, and dedication to exceeding expectations. Plus, if you enjoy flexible working hours and a rewarding day's work, we’d love to hear from you!
- Complete regular property maintenance and routine preventative maintenance.
- Daily completion of assigned work order tasks and management; communicating in both written and verbal forms the details of the work required/provided.
- Provide cross-departmental maintenance assistance when needed, including working with Railey Vacations Design Center, Wil O' the Wisp, Suites at Silver Tree, owner special projects and requests, company-affiliated projects and initiatives, as well as all company departments.
- Represent Railey Vacations with extreme professionalism and provide exceptional customer service to guests, owners, coworkers, and vendors.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in the department-specialty trades such as: plowing, painting & power washing, furniture repair, carpentry, HT/Pool repair, minor electrical, minor plumbing, drywall repair, game table repair, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $14.50 - $15.50 per hour
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- Employee recognition programs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
Schedule: Must be available to work some holidays and weekends, as well as the after-hours emergency schedule.