Miller Beach Vacation Rentals offers unsurpassed short-term rental accommodations along the picturesque southern coastline of Lake Michigan. We are in the memory-making business and delight in providing five-star service and well-appointed homes to guests from around the world. We take great pride in what we do, strive for continuous improvement, and make it a priority to give our guests the best experience possible.
The mission of the Maintenance Supervisor is to preserve the working order and functionality of all properties and lead the maintenance/groundskeeping team. This position requires a solid working knowledge of residential property maintenance including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, appliances, and preventative maintenance. The ideal candidate is organized, attentive to detail, professional, responsive, an excellent troubleshooter, able to effectively build, lead, and manage a small team, and available for on-call emergencies.
There will be a high variation of daily tasks between managing staff, troubleshooting maintenance issues, performing repairs, ensuring preventative tasks are executed, and planning special projects.
This is a contract 1099 position.
- Survey properties regularly to identify new or potential repairs required.
- Schedule and/or perform preventative maintenance and general upkeep (tighten furniture, change furnace filters, replace light bulbs, pest control, groundskeeping, etc.)
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical, including circuit breakers, switches, outlets, light fixtures, and ceiling fans.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair plumbing, including faucets, sinks, and toilets.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair HVAC systems.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and occasionally install appliances.
- Basic drywall repair and patching, interior, and exterior painting.
- Inspect safety systems (fire, carbon monoxide detector, security cameras, alarm system, etc.) and schedule repairs or services when needed.
- Hot tub cleaning, testing, and maintenance (training provided).
- Manage groundskeeping, snow removal, and lawn care—snowplow experience a plus.
- Troubleshoot wifi, door lock, or other smart home devices.
- 3+ years of property maintenance experience required including working knowledge of tools and tasks associated with residential property repairs and maintenance.
- 1-year of supervisory experience required.
- Must have own tools, valid driver's license and car insurance, and reliable, consistent transportation.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Reliable, responsible, and effective communicator.
- Available for scheduled on-call shifts and occasional weekend work.
- Agile and able to perform physical duties including
- stand, sit, and walk for an extended amount of time
- climb stairs
- lift 50-100 pounds
- bend, squat, kneel and twist
- hear loud noises
- Associates Degree or equivalent preferred
- No criminal history
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Employee recognition programs