Miller Beach Vacation Rentals offers unsurpassed short-term rental accommodations along the picturesque southern coastline of Lake Michigan. We are in the memory-making business and delight in providing five-star service and well-appointed homes to guests from around the world. We take great pride in what we do, strive for continuous improvement, and prioritize giving our guests the best experience possible.
We are offering a $750 bonus after 6 months of full-time employment and $1000 after 12 months of full-time employment!
The mission of the Maintenance Supervisor is to preserve the working order and functionality of all properties and lead the maintenance and groundskeeping team. This position requires a solid working knowledge of residential property maintenance, including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, appliances, and preventative maintenance. The ideal candidate is organized, attentive to detail, professional, responsive, an excellent troubleshooter, able to effectively build, lead, and manage a small team, and available for on-call emergencies.
There will be a high variation of daily tasks between managing staff, troubleshooting maintenance issues, performing repairs, ensuring preventative tasks are executed, and planning special projects.
This is a contract 1099 position.
- Survey properties regularly to identify new or potential repairs required.
- Schedule and/or perform preventative maintenance and general upkeep (tighten furniture, change furnace filters, replace light bulbs, do pest control, do groundskeeping, etc.)
- Working knowledge of general residential maintenance and ability to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair minor electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems issues.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and occasionally install appliances.
- Basic drywall repair and patching, interior and exterior painting.
- Inspect safety systems (fire, carbon monoxide detector, security cameras, alarm system, etc.) and schedule repairs or services when needed.
- Hot tub cleaning, testing, and maintenance (training provided).
- Manage groundskeeping, snow removal, and lawn care—snowplow experience is a plus.
- Able to troubleshoot wifi, door lock, or other smart home devices.
- 3+ years of property maintenance experience desired, including working knowledge of tools and tasks associated with residential property repairs and maintenance.
- 1-year of supervisory experience is required.
- Must have own tools, valid driver's license and car insurance, and reliable, consistent transportation.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Reliable, responsible, and effective communicator.
- Available for scheduled on-call shifts and occasional weekend work.
- No criminal history.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Bonus Details: $750 bonus after 6 months of full-time employment and $1000 after 12 months of full-time employment.
- Employee recognition programs
- Agile and able to perform physical duties, including
- stand, sit, and walk for an extended amount of time
- climb stairs
- lift 50-100 pounds
- bend, squat, kneel and twist
- hear loud noises