At Beachcomber Vacation Homes, we’re proud to be the architects behind perfect beach getaways. We take our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations very seriously.
Our humble beginnings began with three visionaries, a passion for hospitality, and an unwavering commitment to excellence. Since the 2020 boom, our company has grown from our scrappy start in a small office to doubling in size. But with this rapid growth, the one thing that hasn’t changed is the heart of our company.
Our team affectionately refers to each other as their 'work family,' which is a testament to the inclusive work environment our founders have worked so hard for. We believe that each role is crucial, laughter is the best medicine, and dropping a swear word here and there (when it’s just us, of course) is all part of a day's work.
If you've been looking for a laid-back but ambitious team where your sense of humor and dedication can shine while striving to be the best - we're the team for you.
Come aboard, and let's make vacation dreams a reality, one stay at a time.
Ready to lead and innovate?
We are looking for a Maintenance Manager with leadership and operational skills to take the reins in building and maintaining our maintenance department from the ground up. We’ve been making due so far, but we need the right person to keep this department running smoothly.
As the Maintenance Manager, you can expect a role that takes you beyond repetitive desk duties. Instead, each day will bring unique challenges, with no two days quite the same.
Key responsibilities will be promptly handling any maintenance issues guests may encounter and ensuring they are given proper priority to minimize disruptions during their stay. This will require you to schedule our techs and third-party vendors strategically, build strong professional relationships with homeowners, and coordinate with the front office, housekeeping, and laundry teams to ensure smooth service delivery. Reporting directly to our General Manager, you'll be at the center of problem-solving, innovating with ideas to help fine-tune our daily operations.
In our inclusive environment, patience and understanding are also incredibly important, especially when guiding our skilled staff members on the spectrum. While fantastic in their role and loved by guests and homeowners, they can also present management challenges, requiring extra support and understanding.
It’s definitely an exciting time to join us. Apply today to implement your ideas and leadership abilities.
Your Beachcomber career starts here.
- Build an efficient Maintenance Department, including recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating your team of maintenance technicians.
- Perform routine inspections of rental properties, offices, and laundry facilities to identify maintenance requirements.
- Ensure compliance with our quality standards for rental properties and maintain workplace standards in the offices and laundry areas.
- Assign tasks to the maintenance crew, ensuring all work orders are done efficiently and on time.
- Vendor management tasks, including obtaining quotes and evaluating work, while maintaining and growing our current list of reliable vendors.
- Develop and maintain a maintenance budget, track expenses, and implement strategies to optimize time and costs.
- Work with the GM to ensure that the maintenance department's activities support the company's overall business goals. Provide regular updates and reports on maintenance tasks.
- Management and maintenance experience.
- Vacation Rental experience is a plus but not required
- Excellent at multitasking with great organizational skills
- Good customer service with guests and homeowners, able to work collaboratively cross-departmentally.
- Familiarity with LiveRez and Breezeway software is a plus but not required
- A proactive mindset, open to contributing in any way that enhances the company's growth and success.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: Up to $60,000 based on experience and achievement.
Bonus: End of summer bonus based on performance.
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
Schedule: Regular business hours with occasional after-hours work in the event of emergency maintenance issues.