White Sands Hospitality is proud to represent the most iconic food and beverage destinations on the Forgotten Coast. Our family includes the famous Owl Café, Tap Room, and Franklin Café at the Gibson Inn in Apalachicola, Longbills, and the Cape Smokehouse on Cape San Blas, and multiple new concepts opening over the next few years.
Immediate positions for Cooks are available, with a focus on growth and maintaining our values. As a genuine luxury brand focused on our residents and guests, we have built a reputation over the years as a brand that cares about the community, leading to our growth and remarkable success. Come join our growing family today! With competitive pay, great benefits, generous Paid Time Off, and company-match 401(k) as well as a host of other perks, White Sands Hospitality cares about our employees as much as our guests.
At WSH, we…
- Believe the best vacations are in strong local communities
- Take pride in historic preservation
- Strive to foster positive, long-lasting social and environmental impact
- Aim to create growth and opportunity for our team
- Believe that hospitality comes alive through team members who deliver exceptional guest experiences.
- Provide first-class services and amenities across all our brands.
- Are loyal brand stewards and the best at what we do.
- Measure success on the happiness of our guests, team, and the community in which we serve.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding environment where you can learn from seasoned chefs, look no further!
At White Sands Hospitality, we’re looking for a talented individual to join our team. The Cook is responsible for performing various food preparation tasks and cleaning and sanitizing the work area with the ability to multi-task, managing multiple dishes at once. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to work quickly and efficiently, as well as be able to work under pressure. To learn in this position and to grow with the company, it will be essential for you to be able to take direction from the kitchen staff with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
In addition, as one of our Cooks, you will receive a number of benefits, including paid vacation days and healthcare coverage.
Apply today. We can't wait to see what amazing things you'll achieve in the culinary world.
- Prep and cook meals according to food service standards.
- Follow instructions of supervisors in the kitchen.
- Learn and memorize multiple dishes.
- Follow basic hygiene procedures.
- Other responsibilities as needed by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state or reliable transportation.
- Must have strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-moving kitchen is a plus but not a requirement.
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks; strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to thirty pounds.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $17.00/hour
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Exclusive employee perks across the White Sands Hospitality family of brands