Work with the most exciting team on the Alabama Gulf Coast! At Perdido Beach Resort, you won’t be just an employee....you will be a member of our family.
Perdido Beach Resort stands proud as the Alabama Gulf Coast's most expansive hotel resort. Our reputation? Delivering sun-kissed memories, surf, sand, and a fantastic dining scene that has guests returning season after season.
Why work with us?
- Our strong family environment keeps the atmosphere vibrant and supportive.
- Whether guests choose poolside treats, room delights, or our delightful sit-down restaurant experiences, we always serve the best.
What’s in it for you?
- We make sure your hard work is rewarded.
- We offer top-notch benefits from generous paid time off and premium health insurance to 75% tuition and book reimbursements.
- We believe in employee recognition. Shine in what you do? We'll make sure you're celebrated for it.
But, more than the perks, what truly stands out is our people. When you work with us, you’ll join a team where team spirit thrives, and the leadership genuinely cares about your growth and success.
Our kitchen is the heart of Perdido, and we're on the hunt for a culinary artist to join us as a Line Cook. In this role, we’ll look to you to be a master of consistency, sticking to our cherished recipes, whether it's broiling, frying, or sautéing. Our kitchen runs on the wheels of daily requisitions, so you’ll need to be able to keep on top of supplies and ingredients to ensure each request is fulfilled. It will also be essential for you to be highly detail oriented to ensure all our ingredients and the presentation of our meals meet our high standards.
If it's not of the highest standard, it doesn’t belong in a Perdido dish.
Our cooks are more than just staff. They are the guardians of our dining reputation, working in a supportive and friendly atmosphere to delight guests every day and supporting a range of dining venues and a vast banquet facility. You’ll love working here if you enjoy a fast-paced environment, repeatedly producing quality meals.
Ready to level up your culinary career? Apply today!
- Prepare all food items according to standard recipes and as specified on guest check to ensure product consistency; requires transportation of heavy food products. Preparations may include broiling, frying or sautéing.
- Prepare daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Read and employ math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes.
- Visually inspect, select and use only food items of the highest standard in preparing all menu items.
- Check and control the proper storage of products, checking on portion control, especially in specific cuts of meat, to maintain quality products.
- Keep all refrigeration, equipment, storage and working areas in clean working condition to comply with health department regulations.
- High school diploma or any combination of education and experience equivalent to high school graduation is preferred, as well as a culinary or apprenticeship program.
- 3-5 years of cooking experience preferred, with supervisory experience preferred and the ability to obtain any government-required license or certificate, for example, ServeSafe.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking and accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills are necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs, perform duties in confined spaces and within extreme temperature ranges.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $16 - $20 per hour based on experience and achievement
- FREE lunch or dinner daily
- Platinum-level health insurance through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama at a low cost
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) with immediate eligibility (age 21), including a 5% match.
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability insurance
- Paid vacations, holidays, and sick/personal leave
- Tuition reimbursement of 75% of tuition & books
- Discounts on rooms and in all food & beverage outlets
- Many events and award ceremonies each year to highlight team members and their accomplishments.
Schedule: Flexibility is required to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays