Patriot Family Homes is a fully integrated short-term rental company that is proudly Veteran-owned and -operated. We are currently headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, but also have many remote and travel roles, as well as field teams that include W-2 and 1099 team members who live in the markets where our houses are located across the Southeast, Midwest, Mid Atlantic, and Southwest.
Founded in 2018 by US Army Veteran Joe Riley, Patriot Family Homes was created to assist in helping meet the need for affordable, reliable housing in the South, particularly near military bases. Since then, we have grown from a handful of homes to 350+ properties in 25+ markets, offering services to clients in:
- Property Management
- Management Support
- Temporary Housing Relocation
As veterans, we understand the importance of “home,” and our team works each and every day to provide that feeling through exemplary service. When you become a team member at PFH you will become a part of our work family, where we strive to ensure you always feel supported and valued for the sacrifices you make as we continue to grow in excellence.
Here at Patriot Family Homes, we are experiencing exponential growth. As we scale, it has become vital for us to hire a Leasing Manager with high-level negotiation skills, a competitive edge, and a keen sense of what is happening in various markets. If you are the right person for this position, you will be responsible for taking the lead in sourcing and analyzing all potential new leases as we explore new markets.
To succeed, you must possess experience in leasing Single-Family Rentals (SFRs). Your day-to-day will consist of engaging with SFR landlords (both local and scaled property management businesses) to negotiate 3-5 year master leases, co-ordinating payment of deposits, crafting lease agreements free of error, and helping to onboard new properties into our larger portfolio for operations.
We’re looking for someone to build rapport with local landlords and maintain relationships during our market testing phases. These leases will be used to test new markets before buying homes in the area. Because these leases are in new markets, this position will be required to help source local cleaners, maintenance, and other vendors to manage the homes.
As our Leasing Manager, you will report directly to our Chief Development Officer and have the potential opportunity for career growth and promotion to a Director-level position.
While this is a remote position, the ideal applicant will live in the Southeast portion of the U.S. Some travel is required.
- Develop systems and processes to acquire 10+ leases per month across multiple markets.
- Source and underwrite leases to determine arbitrage opportunity (ensuring there is a significant delta between the short-term and long-term rents).
- Negotiate and execute all leases in accordance with basic company requirements.
- File all documents using established systems for record keeping and cross-department collaboration.
- Develop and send connector emails to alert the team of impending leasing opportunities and directly communicate with our Director of Logistics to establish a move-in date.
- Create and maintain a robust reporting matrix to ensure Executive Leadership and other departments are able to build timelines for upcoming inventory and create projections for future revenue and cash flow.
- Proven sales experience is a must.
- Experience in leasing, buying, and selling single-family residential properties is critical (candidates who lack this direct experience will need to demonstrate comparable experience).
- Possess superior analytical skills and a deep understanding of real estate to assess revenue potential for properties in the short-term rental space.
- An effective and inspiring individual capable of managing and working with a diverse team in a remote work environment.
- Positive and timely communication with internal and external audiences to provide accurate progress on tasks to complete actions.
- Proven ability to recruit and train others.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, capable of engaging members of the Executive Leadership Team and other personnel in the Acquisitions Department.
- Able to develop and improve systems to efficiently acquire a national portfolio of leases.
- Experience working with Google Suite, Slack, Asana, and Microsoft Office Suites.
- Adept at learning new IT platforms; Significant benefit if experience using STR platforms.
- Must be willing to travel at least once a month in key target markets with a current focus in the southeast and Midwest.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
Bonus Details: Up to 10% bonus for meeting performance metrics
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Commuting/travel assistance