Big Bear Vacations: Housekeeping Manager
Become A Valued Member Of Our Rewarding Team
Location: Big Bear Lake, CA
“Founded in 1907, we have served over 1.3 million guest nights over the last 113+ years!”
Are you ready to join our team? At Big Bear Vacations, attitude is everything. We value teamwork, the golden rule, and approach every day with a solution-oriented mindset. Because of this, we are a leading vacation rental property management company with 300 properties and have become a highly-regarded part of the Big Bear Lake Community.
With a long-standing record of proven excellence, we are committed to our team members and take great care in choosing team members that will stand out as hard-working and trustworthy.
As the manager of Big Bear Vacation’s Laundry Department, you will oversee the linen service of 300 vacation rental properties. You will be required to have the expertise and management skills to lead a large team of housekeepers while working diligently alongside our housekeeping vendors between each guest turnover. Your position will call for you to, identify ways to be more productive, look for ways to increase profitability, and maintain our high level of standards for cleanliness and guest satisfaction. You will be responsible for supplying the housekeeping teams with fresh linens and any supplies they need to perform their tasks. To ensure that this process runs smoothly, it is imperative that you learn and strictly adhere to our tried and true policies and protocols. Efficiency and productivity are paramount in this role. As a successful candidate, you will need to possess strong leadership, organizational, and analytical skills to identify any inefficiencies and look for ways to increase profitability.
- Strong understanding of our Company Operating Manual (COM) and ensuring that the Laundry Department is in strict compliance
- Scheduling the Laundry Team according to laundry demands while holding to the COM.
- Working cooperatively with outside Housekeeping vendors to coordinate laundry supplies per their scheduling.
- Holding the Laundry Department to productivity goal per our COM.
- Recruiting and assisting in recruiting the Laundry Department team members
- Training, educating, and motivating the Laundry Department team.
- Conducting performance appraisals
- Communicate and assist the team with their goals
- Holding organizational standards within Laundry and associated departments
- Supervising and motivating all laundry personnel with daily supervision, including staffing, training discipline, scheduling, and visually monitoring performance to ensure adherence to all services and productivity standards.
- Must know the operations of the Laundry Department, including budgets, procedures, use of equipment, appropriate chemicals to use, staffing, etc.
- Analyze and look for potential cost savings when ordering housekeeping supplies
- Use housekeeping reports to schedule and assign housekeeping staff
- Responsible for ensuring efficient operations of the Housekeeping Department with a focus on maximizing cleanliness, profitability, and guest satisfaction.
- Create daily, weekly, and monthly housekeeping checklists.
- Knowledgeable of laundry practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines governing laundry functions in an industrial facility.
- Plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Laundry Department.
- Monitoring linen quality, inventory, stain percentage, damaged linen, and production reports to ensure reordering, rewashing, and timely repairs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Lifting, bending, carrying, and standing for prolonged periods.
- Working in hot temperatures
- Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have previous experience in Housekeeping or Property Management experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Direct experience working with laundry
- Direct experience leading teams
- Excellent computer skills
- Some administrative experience is preferred
- Experience holding teams accountable.
- Experience hiring and developing teams
- Experience working with leadership teams.
- Experience in inventory management and ordering preferred
- Must be friendly, outgoing, enjoy working with people, and able to lead by example.
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in order to respond to guest/owner and employee needs in an appropriate, professional and courteous manner
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
$25.00 hourly + OT + Bonuses
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Fuel reimbursements when coming from out of the area
- 401K matching
- Work phone provided
- Relocation assistance
- Mon- Friday. Must be available for nights, weekends, and some holidays