The Mallard Hotel is a newly renovated boutique-style hotel located in Copperhill/Duck Town, Tennessee. This hotel was formerly the Duck Town Copper Inn but is now under new ownership after intense renovations and is expected to reopen in late September 2023.
We’ll be reopening with 35 beautiful units, a games room, a guest laundry area for convenience as well as a gym. Our staff will also offer a continental breakfast each morning along with a lounge area for relaxing and socializing and an outdoor fire pit entertainment area.
We are excited to begin accepting bookings for future guests and welcome back guests returning to the area this spring. With this new reopening, we look forward to building a new team as passionate as we are to provide five-star experiences for our guests here in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Do you have the ambition and drive to join us? Do you want to get in on the ground floor of something great here in Duck Town?
If so, our high-performing and fully committed management team is looking for someone just like you.
A day in the life of a Laundry Attendant is not just about doing laundry; it's about playing an important role in delivering a comfortable and memorable stay for each guest.
As our Laundry Attendant, you’ll ensure that all linens, towels, and other laundry items are clean and ready for our guests' use. Your duties will include sorting, washing, drying, and neatly folding laundry. It will also include garments as well as performing stain removal as needed. You’re the right person for the job if you are detail-oriented, organized, and enjoy working independently.
While some may see laundry as a mundane task, at The Mallard Hotel, we understand that the little things make a big difference. A fresh, fluffy towel or crisply folded sheet can elevate a guest's stay from good to great. It's our Laundry Attendants who make this possible.
If you take pride in your work, appreciate stability and routine, and enjoy contributing to a team-oriented environment, this role will be perfect for you.
Ready to roll up your sleeves? We’d love to hear from you.
- Sort and organize laundry by color
- Load washer with specified detergent/additives and select water temperature, cycle length, and other settings on machines
- Monitor the progress of laundry to ensure that items are cleaned properly
- Remove articles from washers and dryers as soon as possible after the completion of cycles
- Transfer wet or damp articles to dryers or hang them up for drying
- Fold items according to established procedures and iron clothes when necessary
- Replenish supplies such as soap, bleach, and fabric softeners
- Maintain assigned equipment in good condition
- Ability to operate a washer and dryer
- Proficiency in using detergents and fabric softeners
- Knowledge of proper stain removal techniques
- Good understanding of the different fabrics, their rolling times, and temperature suitable for different fabrics.
- Ability to sort and store linen properly as per guidelines
- Ability to perform duties under pressure
- Understanding of general safety protocols in laundry activities
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $15 - $17 per hour based on experience and achievement
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Ability to work full-time, with the flexibility for evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.