In 2021, Moving Mountains received an honorable mention of being in the top 50 - 100 places to work in the USA as determined by the “Outside Magazine Best Places to Work” Employees Survey.
Moving Mountains is a family-owned and locally operated company, established in 1997. Since then, we have carved out a niche for high-touch memorable vacation experiences in exceptional mountain homes. We can directly attribute our success to building our brand around pillars of trust, integrity, and outstanding guest experiences. Because of our commitment to these core values, our portfolio has grown to almost 200 remarkable properties in the Colorado mountain destinations of Steamboat Springs, Beaver Creek, Vail, and now Breckenridge. This responsibility and growth have positioned us as market leaders in the luxury vacation property management space.
As we continue to grow, we are actively seeking opportunities for expansion in other areas of North America, building on our years of expertise and success. Our achievement and growth have resulted in a fast-paced, dynamic, and engaging day-to-day workflow. Combined with our founders' creative and unconventional style, Robin and Heather Craigen, Moving Mountains has cultivated a rewarding corporate culture that continues to drive the company forward and offers fulfilling career opportunities for team members.
The Housekeeping Supervisor has an eye for detail, excellent communication, and leadership skills, and the flexibility to perform cleaning and supervise, depending on the needs of the day. They are responsible for managing all aspects of the Housekeeping Department. Skills in budgeting, hiring, planning, organizing, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints and problem resolution are required. This position must adhere to management company policies and established operating/safety procedures
- Hiring, training, managing housekeeping staff and creating a housekeeping schedule
- Demonstrate a working understanding of labor cost control through effective scheduling and proactive management. Reviews bi-weekly payroll labor data Responsible for quality control of cleaning services
- Inventory and quality control of consumables and linens
- Managing laundry services
- Responsible for following the housekeeping budget
- Kitchen Inventories
- Quality Control of home interiors
- Pre-arrival checks
- Departure checks
- Develop an understanding of MM programs used: Track, Breezeway, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, ShiftPlanning, Salesforce
- Directly manages housekeeping department.
- Responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in Hospitality Housekeeping/ Operations
- Work Experience: 2 years or more customer service-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, as well as 2 years of supervisory experience in a similar field.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or CDL with a clean driving record and must maintain a clean driving record
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English and Spanish preferred.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, positive attitude, team player
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Multi-tasking with logistics and coordination of assignments
- Flexible working hours and ability to work on weekends
- Deadline driven, detail-oriented, and able to work autonomously but also as a team player
- Positive Attitude to solving problems
- Knowledge of home maintenance, repairs, and mechanical systems
- Ability to interact positively with management, coworkers, owners, and guests
- Company Culture: Ability to work within the MM team and adhere to our company code and culture.
- Work Ethic: Deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and able to work autonomously but also as a team player.
- Teamwork: Ability to interact positively with management, coworkers, owners, and guests.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand and walk, talk and hear; climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl; Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continual exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat or cold (non-weather); Continual exposure to outside weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Additional remarks regarding work environment: Able to get in and out of a vehicle, Must be able to walk on icy & slippery surfaces, May be required to drive
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: Shuttles, Suburbans, Mini’s, and trailers.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: $26.00 - $28.00
Bonus Details: End of year and end of season bonus discretionary bonus included.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules