Turn your customer service expertise into a rewarding career in hospitality.
The Mallard Hotel is a newly renovated boutique-style hotel located in Copperhill/Duck Town, Tennessee. This hotel was formerly the Ducktown Copper Inn but is now under new ownership after intense renovations and is expected to reopen in late September 2023.
We’ll be reopening with 35 beautiful units, a game room, a guest laundry area for convenience as well as a gym. Our staff will also offer a continental breakfast each morning along with a lounge area for relaxing and socializing and an outdoor fire pit entertainment area.
We are excited to begin accepting bookings for future guests and welcome back guests returning to the area this spring. With this new reopening, we are also looking forward to building a new team as passionate as we are to provide five-star experiences for our guests here in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Do you have the ambition and drive to join us? Do you want to get in on the ground floor of something great here in Duck Town?
If so, our high-performing and fully committed management team is looking for someone just like you.
We’re looking for the right person to join our team as the Hotel Manager to help us as we bring rural charm to the area.
Imagine being the person that turns a guest’s stay from ordinary to extraordinary. As the Hotel Manager, you'll be more than just a friendly face – you’ll be the go-to expert on all things hospitality, managing administrative duties like reservations and employee schedules, helping to onboard new team members and ensuring each guest feels right at home through our exceptional hospitality.
What will your day be like?
You'll balance duties like processing payments while responding to guests' requests, - like recommending the best places to eat. It's not just a job but a position where you can put your organizational skills, troubleshooting abilities, and friendly personality to good use while being rewarded with competitive pay and appreciation from our team and guests.
Ready to be part of something grand? Apply today and help us redefine rural luxury.
- Greet and assist visitors, answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
- Keep the front desk area organized and ensure the reception area is tidy and presentable
- Monitor logistics of office supplies stock levels
- Maintain a safe and secure environment by monitoring security cameras
- Assist in the onboarding process for new employees
- Professionally handle customer inquiries both over the phone or face to face
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Manage employees and employee scheduling
- Perform cleaning inspections
- Excellent customer service skills
- Pleasant phone manner and efficient administrative skills
- Able to remember and keep up to date with current hotel pricing and discounts
- Able to follow processes, procedures, and safety policies, i.e. proper checkout procedure for departing guests
- Able to handle complaints professionally and turn negative experiences into positive ones
- Attention to detail with the ability to process payments/bills promptly and accurately
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Able to work well independently as well as on a team
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $20 - $25 per hour based on experience and achievement
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Ability to work full-time, with the flexibility for evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.