Sextant Stays is a next-generation, VC-backed hospitality company utilizing technology to provide meaningful accommodations for leisure travelers in urban destinations across the U.S. Sextant provides customized, full-building residences that provide operational and guest experience advantages.
Sextant’s platform allows real estate owners to unlock significant value by repositioning traditional multifamily properties into hospitality assets through increasing revenue and decreasing operating expenses.
Sextant recently closed its Series A, so this role presents a great opportunity to be an early-stage, high-value contributor instrumental in the company’s trajectory from Series A toward Series B rounds.
We are excited to offer a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus! $500 paid after three months of employment, with another $500 paid after six months of employment.
Here at Sextant Stays in Miami, the Guest Service Supervisor is a crucial part of our team in helping ensure our guests have a memorable experience by doing whatever it takes to provide a problem-free stay!
The primary responsibilities of the Guest Service Supervisor will be through superb fieldwork, which includes (but is not limited to): assisting the City General Manager with the daily operations of our Habitat property.
The Guest Service Supervisor's performance will be based on your ability to complete tasks efficiently and without supervision, problem-solve independently, prioritize tasks, implement processes, and communicate effectively.
- Coordinate and manage the daily Guest Service Concierge and Valet department.
- Interviewing, training, coaching, and counseling Guest Service team members.
- Greet guests and visitors warmly and make them feel welcomed and attended.
- Park and retrieve guest vehicles.
- Review daily arrivals and assist with inspecting arriving guest rooms.
- Respond to emergency situations as needed (including after hours).
- Act as a liaison between the company and property owners, guests, and any departments necessary.
- Maintain inventory of Guest Service department supplies and order new stock as needed.
- Must have a clean driving record and an active driver's license.
- At least 2 years of previous leadership experience in Hospitality (Guest Services or Valet).
- Must have an active driver's license with a clean driving record. MVR check will be conducted prior to hiring.
- Ability to speak/read/understand Spanish is preferred.
- Understanding of how travel planning websites operate, like Booking.com, Airbnb, Trip Advisor, etc.
- Local restaurants and "things to do" knowledge of the city.
- Unintimidated by using mobile apps while in the field for team collaboration and communication (experience with Slack, and Google Suite).
- Flexible schedule and open to working evenings, weekends, and holidays.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs
- Employee recognition programs