Sextant Stays is a next-generation, VC-backed hospitality company utilizing technology to provide meaningful accommodations for leisure travelers in urban destinations across the U.S. Sextant provides customized, full-building residences that provide operational and guest experience advantages.
Sextant’s platform allows real estate owners to unlock significant value by repositioning traditional multifamily properties into hospitality assets through increasing revenue and decreasing operating expenses.
Sextant recently closed its Series A, so this role presents a great opportunity to be an early-stage, high-value contributor instrumental in the company’s trajectory from Series A toward Series B rounds.
Here at Sextant Stays Miami, the Guest Services Agent position is a crucial part of our team in helping ensure our guests have a memorable experience by doing whatever it takes to provide a problem-free stay!
The primary responsibilities of the Guest Services Agent will be through superb fieldwork, which includes (but is not limited to): welcoming guests upon arrival and providing friendly and efficient service to guests.
- Greet guests and visitors warmly and make them feel welcomed and attended.
- Review daily arrivals and prepare for guest arrival.
- Park and Retrieve guest vehicles (ability to operate manual & automatic transmissions).
- Anticipate guests' needs to accommodate them and provide exceptional guest service.
- Perform all guest arrival tasks.
- Monitor and engage with guests in the lobby/bar area, ensuring safety & security.
- Offer restaurant and activity recommendations.
- Assist guests in arranging transportation, tours, etc.
- Act as liaison between guests and any department necessary, including Housekeeping, Maintenance, etc.
- Maintain valet/guest service supplies inventory and order new stock as needed.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work regularly.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to "pitch in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. They assist in other departments if needed.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and continuously perform essential job functions for the duration of shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergencies with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, the public, etc.
- Receptionist/Front office experience.
- Ability to operate manual & automatic vehicles.
- Ideal candidates with a valid driver's license and clean motor vehicle record (a current MVR will need to be provided).
- Work experience in hospitality, customer service, or property management preferred.
- Flexible schedule availability is required.
- Organized, hardworking, ownership mentality, and detail-oriented.
- Understanding of how travel planning websites operate, like Booking.com, AirBnb, Trip Advisor, etc.
- High energy, bubbly personality, and customer service attitude.
- Local restaurant and "things to do" knowledge of the city.
- Must have a service-oriented mindset and be capable of making every guest feel valued.
- An ability to interact professionally and responsibly with guests, management, and vendors.
- A self-starter with a positive attitude, who has the ability to work effectively both in a team environment as well as independently.
- Unintimidated by using mobile apps while in the field for team collaboration and communication (experience with Slack, Google Suite).
- Flexible schedule and is open to working evenings, weekends, and holidays.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly: $16.00- $17.00 / hour
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Wellness programs
- Employee recognition programs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules