Brittain Resorts & Hotels specializes in legendary guest satisfaction, property management, and marketing. The foundation for our success was laid long before the company was formed, with roots beginning in 1943 at the historic Chesterfield Inn in the heart of Myrtle Beach, S.C.
From the beginning, the Brittain family worked as a team, doing everything from making beds to washing dishes on a busy weekend, creating an environment where integrity and trust are paramount even today. With decades of experience in the hospitality industry, we have fostered a set of core values that guide associate development on a personal and professional level. With over 4,000 rooms in the portfolio, BRH currently operates 22 hotels and resorts and 45+ restaurants & bars within the United States.
Our team is made up of dedicated, talented individuals who constantly push the boundaries to provide our clients with the best in customer service. With us, you can be confident that your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with exceptional opportunities for growth and advancement. Our associates are our biggest asset, and we promise to take care of them just like our guests.
The Resort Manager directly supports the General Manager in overseeing all aspects of property management, including creating effective business strategies, managing finances, motivating, training, and guiding team members, and ensuring the highest level of guest services.
It will be important in this role for you to have the ability to resolve any guest, associate, or homeowner concerns as they arise with a high degree of professionalism and to work with our team to maintain an exceptional level of customer service while also meeting budgetary and operational goals. Additionally, you must have a strong understanding of the hospitality industry and a proven track record of leadership.
As our Resort Manager, you will be an integral member of the team, ensuring smooth operations and high guest, associate, and homeowner satisfaction while living and working near our beautiful beaches and the laid-back culture of Myrtle Beach.
This position will be based at our Grande Caymen Resort in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Ensure the highest degree of quality guest service is maintained at all times through prompt and courteous care.
- Achieve or exceed previous service scores and internet rankings.
- Implement and maintain an effective open-door communication system that encourages feedback and interaction between all departments.
- Recruit, train, coach, and counsel managers and team members, following company, state, and federal regulations.
- Conduct performance appraisals for managers.
- Maintain a proactive human resource function to ensure associate motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations.
- Ensure the resort complies with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state, or municipal authority.
- Assist General Manager with establishing and maintaining applicable preventive maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel.
- Previous management experience in the hospitality industry is required.
- Proven experience managing a successful team through motivation, coaching, and development.
- Manage the daily resort operations by walking around, interacting with associates, guests, and homeowners, and identifying areas of improvement.
- Multitasking skills, the ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals, and change directions quickly.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with computers and general office PC applications (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
- Able to make business decisions based on production reports, similar facts, and your experience and personal opinions.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 based on achievement and expertise.
Exciting discretionary annual bonus of up to 20% of the annual salary.