Join the Legendary Owl Café’s
Owl Café is an iconic neighborhood restaurant in the heart of historic downtown Apalachicola. We first opened our doors in 1900 and have been serving hungry and thirsty travelers and locals ever since. Our menus feature fresh, seasonal dishes, serving lunch, dinner, and a can’t-miss Sunday brunch, along with cocktails, wines, and beers. With turn-of-the-century roots, rustic food, and wine menus inspired by Florida's rich, sun-soaked waters, we offer a relaxed and warm southern hospitality that's hard to find anywhere else.
Apply today to join us, where everyone is welcome, and it feels like a return home each time you walk through our doors.
White Sands Hospitality seeks an exceptional individual to join our restaurant group as General Manager. We are looking for someone who can create amazing dining experiences and run our establishment like a well-oiled machine. It will be essential for the right candidate to be flexible and versatile - able to jump into any role as needed with a positive attitude and demonstrate their potential for advancement.
As General Manager, you will oversee all aspects of our restaurant operations, excelling at people management with the ability to inspire, train, and develop others to their fullest potential. You'll also be tasked with menu development and pricing, analyzing and effectively maintaining P&L statements, and keeping track of budgets.
You will receive a competitive wage and benefits package by joining our team. In addition, you will have access to training and development programs that will help you continue to grow as you prioritize training and developing the people on your team.
We'd love to hear from you if you have a passion for hospitality!
- Oversee all the day-to-day operations of the restaurant.
- Deliver and ensure top-notch dining experiences.
- Maintain a positive work environment.
- Schedule and oversee employee shifts.
- Participate in menu development and pricing.
- Maintain budgets and manage P&L.
- Recruit, train, and develop team members.
- Identify and implement ways to improve efficiency.
- Purchasing and maintaining inventory as needed.
- Manage restaurant supply levels.
- 1+ years of experience as General Manager of a restaurant.
- An understanding of "people management" and experience in 360-degree management.
- Extensive experience in P&L management.
- Create and adhere to budgets based on anticipated needs to provide quality service and control costs.
- Understand the restaurant's day-to-day operations and be willing to learn new systems.
- Experience in building and maintaining a team that can provide customers with proper service.
- Employee training must be a priority for the ideal candidate.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Exclusive employee perks across the White Sands Hospitality family of brands
Part of the White Sands Hospitality family