About the Company:
With offices in Beverly Hills, Stay Awhile Villas, has a 35+ portfolio of luxury vacation rental homes in Beverly Hills, Hollywood Hills, and the Malibu areas. We have hosted thousands of guests with over a thousand 5-Star Airbnb Reviews and maintain Airbnb's highest host status SuperHost for over 3 years. Stay Awhile Villas was recently named the #1 Vacation Rental Property Manager in California by trade publication and data aggregator, AirDNA. Our clientele is unique in that we host some of the most notable C-level executives in the world along with some of the most recognizable figures in pop-culture. We've had the pleasure of hosting amazing families from all over the world, who often come back to us every time they visit. We are process-driven and extremely detail-oriented to ensure great experiences for our guests and our team. We want our guests to have superb experiences every time they stay with us. We do not host events or parties however we have a lot of guests who are in town for reunions and other celebrations.
It's important that we are both honest with each other. Must have all of the following traits:
- Honest (most people will say they are honest but are you really, really, really honest? It's more than just telling the truth.)
- You work with integrity (You do the same work you would if you were in front of the owner of the company or alone)
- Detail-oriented (You walk into a room and you can instantly notice even small issues like an out of balance lampshade, wrinkled pillows, hung picture that is not level)
- Care about cleanliness and organization (your friends and family probably often compliment you on tidiness and you ALWAYS have a clean car)
- You're a forward thinker (Your phone is always charged and you have a backup battery at all times, you put gas in your car the night before not wait until the morning of)
- You don't procrastinate (You handle everything as soon as possible and you don’t put anything off.)
- You're a good listener (You don't assume that you know what the person you are talking to is going to say, you wait, you listen, you offer relevant feedback)
- You're a team player (You're only as strong as your team "It's not my job" is never your attitude. You realize that your success is dependent on those around you)
Our General Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of our fast-growing hospitality management company. This individual will be critical to the success of our daily operations including but not limited to the hiring of fields hosts, managing 3rd party vendors, managing team schedules days off, will work with our bookkeeping team to submit timely invoices for vendors, will frequently conduct quality control inspections, will manage the maintenance schedule across all properties and monitor property listings for their accuracy. This individual will also ensure that all inspections are being submitted properly and timely. No task is too big or too small for this individual.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and coordinate the daily, weekly, and monthly activities of the Housekeeping, QC, and maintenance department:
- Oversee the Scheduling of all property cleans and QCs
- Communicating the schedule with housekeepers, QCs, and maintenance staff
- Ensuring assignments are completed on time.
- Ensure the highest degree of cleanliness and guest satisfaction
- Conduct regular inspections prior to guest arrivals in order to evaluate staff’s performance
- Traveling between worksites is frequent and this person will need their own reliable transportation.
- Enforce and assist in the execution of bi-yearly deep clean inspections as well as purchase inventory as needed.
- Enforce and assist in the execution of on-boarding inspections as well as purchase inventory as needed.
- Effectively maintain QC reports and logs.
- Oversee and process damage claims
- Purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory.
- Continually innovate ways to improve current processes in order to be more efficient, more effective, and save money or add value to the employee or guest experience
- Recruit quality team members with a focus on employee retention and development
- Oversee the training program for all new housekeeping, QC, and maintenance staff members
- Manage the schedule and daily/weekly workload
- Review and submit departmental payroll according to the payroll schedule
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct
- Effectively communicate and maintain a strong collaborative working relationship with all team members, co-workers, and stakeholders
- Talent Management - frequent and regular documented coaching to help staff develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives
- Develop and conduct regular performance reviews for housekeeping team members
- Proactively address housekeeping issues as they arise and create a plan to prevent those issues in the future
- Performs other duties as assigned by management/ownership
- Hospitality Management Experience: 3+ years
- Management Experience with 5+ employees: 3+ years
- Strong knowledge of hospitality software
- Exceptional communication and guest service skills
- Working knowledge of QC checklists and inventory reports
- Must be available to support a 24/7 operation that includes holidays and weekends
- Current California resident and familiarity with the local area; Malibu or Beverly Hills
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $100k per year + / Offer Healthcare benefits to all employees