The Cove at Salem is a distinctive boutique hotel that just underwent a complete renovation and seamlessly combines enchanting Salem charm with a state-of-the-art guest experience. Here we cater to a diverse clientele, offering a variety of accommodations such as studio and 1-bedroom suites, spooky and fun-themed rooms, and apartment-style lodgings with cutting-edge technology.
Becoming a team member at The Cove at Salem means you’ll benefit from the oversight and direction of Occupied, our technology-driven hospitality investment and management organization specializing in short-term rentals and boutique hotels. With properties in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Florida, and beyond, we’re focused on designing spaces that deliver the utmost in comfort and enjoyment to our guests, regardless of the length of their stay.
We’re also committed to ensuring an inviting work environment that extends beyond competitive compensation. We proudly offer a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, sick days, and vacation days. We also make it a practice to recognize and reward our team's hard work and dedication through employee recognition programs and foster a healthy work-life balance.
We invite you to join the Salem family and discover how our unique blend of history and modernity makes working here an unforgettable experience.
Immerse yourself in the captivating charm of coastal Massachusetts as our General Manager. This role will offer you a unique opportunity to leverage your meticulous attention to detail and excellent people skills. As a General Manager, you will collaborate closely with management, cleaning teams, maintenance, the communications team, vendors, and contractors, and you'll play a primary role in ensuring the hotel's smooth operation.
Our guests expect high standards, and we need someone who is a team player with a strong ethical compass and unwavering integrity who can professionally and promptly respond to any inquiries as well as address any concerns guests may have.
If you thrive on following protocols and policies and are a great team leader with the skills to delegate effectively, apply today.
The Cove at Salem awaits you.
- Tour and inspect the hotel on a daily basis, monitor property cleanliness and product quality and ensure a five-star guest experience and document any deficiencies to report maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- Attend weekly meetings with the cleaning manager/lead cleaners, oversee schedules, and work with the Cleaning Manager on supplies and cleaning inventory management.
- Develop a strong knowledge of the local market, demand generators and competitor strategy.
- Answer the hotel phone system in a polite and professional manner when needed.
- Maximize revenue by converting inquiries into reservations via phone or email.
- Assist with check-out at 10:00 am and check-in at 4:00 pm as well as other duties associated with the day-to-day.
- Weekly meeting with General Manager Topics includes revenue management, marketing, issue and complaint management.
- 2 years of direct hotel experience.
- 1 year of hotel supervision/general management experience with a proven track record of effectively delegating tasks.
- Intermediate computer skills (Google Suite) and social media skills with the ability to learn new software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Has high-level time management, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be fluent in English and have reliable transportation
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $68,000 - $75,000 based on achievement and experience.
Bonus: A year-end bonus based on revenue targets set by management
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Employee recognition programs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
Schedule: Available during regular hours as well as weekends and holidays