Benchmark Management is a leading property management and vacation rental company specializing in luxury properties along the iconic 30A in Florida - a stretch of rural highway connecting breathtaking beaches and unique beach towns. Our three pillars of success are our team, owners, and guests. Our team is composed of experienced professionals dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service. We treat our owners' properties as if they were our own by keeping them well-maintained and meeting the highest standards so that they are always ready to provide a superior guest experience. In turn, our guests appreciate the luxurious accommodations and attention to detail our world-class customer service offers. Our team on 30A is constantly growing as we strive to provide the best vacation rental stays on 30A to our guests.
The General Manager will create a culture and team that provides the best possible experience for homeowners, guests, and employees. The ideal candidate possesses the resourcefulness and thoroughness to actively partner with executive management and other internal & external stakeholders, including homeowners, local regulators, vendors, and other constituents. They have exceptional leadership and organizational skills, with the ability to manage day-to-day operations while also focusing on the company's long-term goals and strategy.
This role is a unique opportunity for anyone looking to make a significant impact and grow their career.
Reporting to the VP, Strategy & Growth at the company, the GM will be focused on the following:
- Ensure the best possible experience for homeowners, guests, and employees.
- Drive operational plan execution of all KPIs, including unit growth, optimization of RevPAR, margin management, and ultimately operating income in accordance with the budget.
- Develop and pursue growth strategies and new owner acquisition.
- Research and implement processes to help the company with operational efficiency.
- Resolve all guest and homeowner-related issues promptly and professionally, consistent with the company’s objectives.
- Maintain staffing levels that meet the business's needs through thoughtful recruitment strategies and train and develop employees across guest services and operational teams.
- Develop a high-performance culture and empower the entire organization by creating a work environment where people are motivated to support the overall market in achieving its goals.
- Lead and develop frequent business reviews/management presentations.
- Source and maintain third-party vendor relationships.
- Observe and monitor field staff and vendor performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to the Company's best practices and procedures.
- Stay on top of local regulatory matters and governmental affairs related to the vacation rental market in your area, ensuring the Company’s voice/opinion is represented in any proposals that may impact business operations, along with managing appropriate governance and compliance around local regulations as they change/evolve.
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility focused on general management and P&L responsibility, with at least 5+ years of prior General Manager experience or similar senior management/executive role in the vacation rental or hospitality industry.
- Proficiency in MS Office and GSuite (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- In-depth knowledge and practical understanding of operating a vacation rental management platform.
- Familiarity with VRC / PMS Systems preferred (e.g., Streamline/Escapia/Track).
We seek to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intellectually curious and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors and exhibit these competencies, including skilled people leadership capabilities:
- Strong Business Insight – applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals/Knowing how businesses work and how organizations make money. Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, the competition, and the marketplace. Uses knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions.
- Customer Focus – builds strong customer relationships through delivering customer-centric solutions. Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer.
- Great Interpersonal Savvy – relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people. Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography Acts with diplomacy and tact. Builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way. Builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to self. Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics
- Builds Effective Teams· Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. Forms teams with an appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experiences. Establishing common objectives and a shared mindset Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Shares wins and rewards team efforts. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team.
- Additionally, we are looking for someone who is intellectually curious and driven to constantly learn, upgrade skills, and possess knowledge of industry trends and technology. Has a demonstrated ability to support organic growth and relationship building. Has strong analytical ability and can read and interpret financial statements. Has outstanding communication, organizational, time management, and leadership skills – all while having a positive mindset and is a problem-solver.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $100,000 - $150,000
Bonus Details: Bonus available based on individual and company performance.
Benefits & Perks:
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs