Founded in 1993, the Castle Hospitality Group is a Hawaii-based company specializing in hospitality services and resort management for a large and diverse portfolio of properties in the Pacific Region, ranging from mid-market hotels to upscale luxury condominium and villa resorts.
Equipped with a forward-thinking team of experts with extensive industry expertise, we are one of the first companies to merge hotel and vacation rental models through state-of-the-art technology. We offer two unique brands, Castle Resorts & Hotels, representing our hotel resort products where we have an on-site presence, and Castle Vacation Rentals Hawaii.
Castle Vacation Rentals Hawaii is a pure vacation rental brand built as a growth vehicle to leverage our distribution platform and pursue home vacation rentals. Our vision is to become the dominant and most innovative resort, condominium, and vacation rental management company in Hawaii and the Pacific Region, and we intend to fulfill this vision by focusing not only on exceeding our guests’ expectations but also meeting the needs of our owners as our number one customer and partner.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated professional to join our team as the GM of Castle Vacation Rentals Hawaii. This position is based in our Chase ‘N Rainbows office in Lahaina Maui (relocation assistance offered!) and is responsible for the overall management and operation of the Castle Vacation Rental brand, including its sub-brands Chase ‘N Rainbows and Trinity Maid Company, Inc.
This role will have a strategic impact on our business and is vital to the growth of the Castle brand in the vacation rental market! You will be responsible for every aspect of the business’s day-to-day operations, as well as being P/L responsible for its success, with regular travel within Hawaii and the mainland.
As the GM, you will be a key leader in our company, working closely with the Senior Vice President of Operations, supervising a team of staff, and communicating daily with other internal departments, corporate executives, and our valued owners and guests. The ability to motivate and build a strong team, take the lead in identifying and solving problems, and be a bold representative of our brand is essential.
- Human Resources Management: Exercise direct supervision and effectively manage, motivate, and lead employees, department heads, and supervisors including performance evaluations, wage reviews, training, recruiting, and terminations, as required.
- Property Responsibilities: Regularly inspect all units ensuring all Castle policies and procedures are implemented and Owner Arrival and Unit Inspection Checklists are completed for each stay to meet our owner/guest service standards.
- Financial Responsibilities: Financial responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparation and achievement of the operating budget, forecasting and planning annual projections and revenue budgets for each property, reviewing operating procedures and cost controls, expense approval, and the annual review of salaries and wages.
- Sales & Marketing: Identify and communicate owner expectations and challenges to the sales & marketing team to prepare goals and objectives for each property, optimize revenue opportunities, and assure compliance of the 90-day forecast policy. In addition, you will oversee the reservations and marketing department to ensure they are up to date with each property, and marketing each unit accurately and effectively.
- Owner Relations: Manage and maintain strong long-term relationships with our owners, prepare monthly GM newsletters, and develop, implement, and measure an ongoing, aggressive internal growth and retention plan to increase the rental program inventory.
Knowledge in working with Escapia, Track Pulse, and Beyond Pricing. Understand the differences between each of the partners (Airbnb, VRBO, Booking.com etc.). Develop and grow relationships with each of the channels of distribution.
- Experience: at least 5 years of vacation rental/hotel management experience preferred.
- Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of hotel accounting, operating budgets, cost analysis, sales & marketing, reservations, rooms, housekeeping, and maintenance operations. A strategic thinker and demonstrated creativity in finding ways to meet and exceed revenue and bottom-line objectives.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Management or another related field of study preferred. Specialized training or exposure to hotel, airline, and/or travel operations is highly desired.
- Language & Communication Skills: Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write and interpret correspondence, reports, proposals, and bids for contracts. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deliver effective oral presentations to owners and internal departments.
- Reasoning Ability: Must possess good common sense, reasoning, and judgment ability.
- Technical/Computer Skills: Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email usage. Must have a good working knowledge of the internet and websites.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
SALARY: Annual Salary from $100K to $150K
BONUS: Bonus Target=15% of base salary, based on achieving annual budget target.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance