Brittain Resorts and Hotels specializes in legendary guest satisfaction, property management, and marketing. The foundation for our success was laid long before the company was formed, with roots beginning in 1943 at the historic Chesterfield Inn in the heart of Myrtle Beach, S.C.
From the beginning, the Brittain family worked as a team, doing everything from making beds to washing dishes on a busy weekend, creating an environment where integrity and trust are paramount even today. With decades of experience in the hospitality industry, we have fostered a set of core values that guide associate development on a personal and professional level. With over 4,000 rooms in the portfolio, BRH currently operates 22 hotels and resorts and 45+ restaurants & bars within the United States.
Our team is made up of dedicated, talented individuals who constantly push the boundaries to provide our clients with the best in customer service. With us, you can be confident that your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with exceptional opportunities for growth and advancement. Our associates are our biggest asset, and we promise to take care of them just like our guests.
As the General Manager, you will be required to have strong leadership and business management skills. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the staff for our Monterey Bay property located in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Your areas of expertise and engagement will be in handling HR, budgeting, cultivating a productive workplace, and ensuring that the property consistently delivers outstanding experiences for our guests and high levels of satisfaction for our associates and homeowners.
This position will report directly to our Senior Director of Operations.
- Provides leadership to the management team; acts as a coach and resource for daily operations and career development. Creates and communicates team goals.
- Ensure the highest degree of quality guest service is maintained at all times through prompt and courteous care.
- Meet or exceed previous service scores and internet rankings.
- Works with other departments effectively, such as sales, revenue management, and the call center, to achieve the goals of the property.
- Manage finances of operations, including budget and inventory controls. Control expenditures, labor, supplies, etc., in relation to financial forecasts and budgets.
- Implement and maintain an effective open-door communication system that encourages feedback and interaction between all departments.
- Complete property walks to interact with guests, associates, and homeowners; identify successes, issues, concerns, and opportunities.
- Uphold the highest cleanliness, sanitation, safety, and conduct standards.
- Maintain a proactive human resource function to ensure associate motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations.
- Understand the government regulations affecting resort operations; ensure the resort operates in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state, or municipal authority.
- Previous management experience in the hospitality industry is required.
- Proven track record of meeting budgets, understanding P & L statements, and cost/inventory control.
- Previous experience managing a team through motivation, coaching, and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Proven comfort and experience in interacting effectively with all levels of management, guests, and associates inside and outside the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with computers and general office PC applications.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $85,000
Bonus Details: 30% Bonus based on individual and company performance.
Paid time off.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts
- Short-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Long Term Care, Critical Illness, and Accident
- Personal Cancer Protection
- Jury Duty Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Resort Accommodation Discounts