Truckee, California, is a charming small mountain town north of Lake Tahoe. If you are the right candidate to join our team, you’ll discover that living here offers a quality of life hard to find anywhere else. We love its outdoor activities, tight-knit community, and inescapable beauty. No wonder people from around the globe travel here every year to experience the life we experience every day. So who are we, and what do we do?
Tahoe Getaways is a premiere vacation rental management company dedicated to sharing Lake Tahoe with the world. We’ve been in business for over 15 years and recently partnered with a private investor, Stoic Lane, to help supercharge the company's growth. At Tahoe Getaways, we’re passionate about creating the best owner, renter, and employee experience possible. We focus on curating a select group of outstanding properties in the Tahoe area that represent an excellent selection for their clients. Our work environment is very collaborative and filled with team members that love what we do and are passionate about being the best vacation rental management company in the area. As we continue to experience growth, we are looking for an individual with a specific skill set, personality, and ability to uphold our standards, grow our portfolio and develop star performers.
Should you be the right candidate to take on the position of General Manager, your most significant objective will be to demonstrate total commitment to providing the best possible experience for homeowners, guests, and employees. To do this successfully, you’ll need to have exceptional leadership and organizational skills and the ability to manage the day-to-day
operations while keeping in focus the company's long-term goals. In this role, you will report directly to the President and collaborate in all company areas. This will require you to manage with confidence and effectively communicate with staff, vendors, guests, and homeowners.
As GM, you will direct all aspects of the business, including:
- Homeowner relations
- Business development
- Community and guest relations
Working with us will allow you to work alongside our cofounders and investors, who are deeply committed to continued growth and success, making this role a unique opportunity for anyone looking to make a significant impact and grow their career.
- Ensure the best possible experience for homeowners, guests, and employees.
- Build and maintain solid homeowner relationships with other property managers, community leaders, and staff.
- Closely monitor financial performance, industry trends, and pricing strategy to ensure the achievement of revenue and EBITDA goals.
- Develop and pursue growth strategies and owner acquisition.
- Research and implement processes to help the company with operational efficiency.
- Meet the company’s revenue goals by leveraging data acquired and staying up-to-date on industry trends and technology.
- Resolve all guest and homeowner-related issues promptly and professionally, consistent with the company’s objectives.
- Collaborate with our leadership team in developing and executing our Annual Operating Plan.
- Recruit qualified applicants and train employees in accordance with company standards across guest services and operational teams.
- Provide on-site leadership through leading regular meetings with staff to achieve company-wide goals and expectations and to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Lead and develop frequent business reviews/ management presentations.
- Source and maintain third-party vendor relations.
- Adhere to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Observe and monitor field staff and vendor performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to Tahoe Getaways’ best practices and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience as a General Manager or similar senior management or executive role in the vacation rental or hospitality industry is required.
- 5 + years of experience with proven knowledge of business processes and functions.
- Proven experience in planning and budgeting with the ability to create a concrete strategic vision for moving forward.
- Driven to constantly learn, upgrade skills and possess knowledge of industry trends and technology.
- Demonstrated ability to support organic growth and relationship building.
- Strong analytical ability and ability to read and understand financial statements.
- Outstanding communication, organizational, time management, and leadership skills.
- Positive mindset and problem-solving aptitude.
- BS/BA in Business (preferred) or relevant field.
- Familiarity with VRC / PMS System preferred (Streamline/Escapia/Track).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $175,000 - $200,000 based on experience and achievement
Bonus Details: 15% target bonus based on EBITDA targets and unit growth.
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Retirement benefits or accounts