Are you dreaming about true job satisfaction with meaningful work in a beautiful location? If so, joining our team on Sanibel Island might just be the career path that makes your dream a reality.
Breakaway Vacations is a rapidly growing vacation rental management company in Sanibel, Florida. We use industry-leading vacation rental software to integrate with the best marketing platforms, allowing us to give our time and attention to nurturing authentic and personalized relationships with our owners and guests.
We’re excited to say that this dedication to our guests and commitment to providing them with memorable vacation rental experiences has helped us stand out from the crowd. We take pride in receiving 5-star reviews and strive for nothing less.
As a team, we are professional, yet not formal. We’re looking for fun, energetic people who will join our mission in creating epic vacations and providing the perfect place for our guests to create lifelong memories with their hard-earned vacation dollars.
We’re currently seeking a “Captain” to become our fearless Manager. The kind of person who can set the course, supervise the crew, and keep us moving efficiently in the right direction - all with a smile on their face and a firm, decisive leadership style.
To be successful in this role, we’ll need you to oversee the vacation rental management functions, including operations, accounting, and human resources. You’ll be accountable for driving our 5-star rating reviews by building a rapport with guests as well as driving revenue and seeking new growth opportunities.
The qualifications we require to ensure that you can meet these areas of responsibility are experience in the vacation rental industry, strong business, and financial expertise, and the ability to fit in with our company culture.
- Building out our accounting system in accounting software.
- Streamlining our accounting & implementing best practices.
- Implementing “Beyond” the dynamic pricing tool.
- Overseeing all integrations.
- Building out new property listings and training staff.
- Ensuring the team is effectively fielding reservation inquiries by phone, lead management, and direct email.
- Sourcing other booking platforms
- Calling guests after they have made a booking.
- Ensuring adherence with all rental agreements, tracking balances due, receipts, etc.
- Driving 5-star reviews and rating excellence.
- Supporting reservationists in resolving any guest's inquiries and concerns.
- Providing centralized communication.
- Increasing revenue and bookings via Airbnb and VRBO.
- Managing the BVP staff (housekeeping, maintenance).
- Providing ancillary supervision of housekeepers and vendors.
- Previous experience in the short-term rental industry.
- Proven results in driving revenue in vacation rentals.
- Previous experience successfully leading a team.
- Computer skills in VRC software, MS Office tools, Outlook mail, and calendar, VRMS experience
- Ability to perform in a team environment, and establish effective working relationships with vendors, suppliers, and industry contacts.
- Working remotely after defined business hours as agreed and required.
- A positive attitude.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $65,000- $80,000 with Bonuses
Bonus Details: Eligible for performance and profitability-based bonuses.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days.
- Gym memberships or discounts.
- Relocation assistance.
- Commuting/travel assistance.
- Telecommuting options.
- Workplace perks such as recreational activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules.
Schedule: Most Saturdays required (unless running Sundays) with some holidays required / After-office availability will be needed for fielding reservations and guest service issues by either phone or text.