It's an exciting time for our company, and we're seeking the right lawyer for the position of remote General Counsel.
Patriot Family Homes is a place where people come first, and we take pride in our work. Founded in 2018 by US Army Veteran Joe Riley, Patriot Family Homes was created to assist in helping meet the need for affordable, reliable housing in the South, particularly near military bases. Since then, we have grown from a handful of homes to 500 properties in 25+ markets with 75 employees, offering services to clients in:
- Property Management
- Lease to Us Programs
- Management Support
- Temporary Housing Relocation
Additionally, we are nearing the end of a capital raise that will allow us to buy an additional 1,000 homes within the next two years. This will necessitate hiring another 100 employees over that time frame, making us the largest owner-operated chain of short-term rentals in the nation, with plans to expand further to 25,000 homes globally over the next decade. The career growth opportunities are massive.
But, most importantly, as veterans, we understand the importance of “home,” and our team works each and every day to provide that feeling through exemplary service. When you become a team member at Patriot Family Homes, you will become a part of our work family, where we strive to ensure you always feel supported and valued for the sacrifices you make as we continue to grow in excellence.
With our rapid growth and expansion into new markets, we are looking for a legal expert with a solid work ethic and the ability to deliver the smallest detail to become our In House General Counsel.
This remote position will give you the freedom and flexibility to balance your work and personal commitments and be a part of a collaborative team that values open communication and mutual respect. We prefer that the successful candidate lives or commutes to the Chattanooga area, but it is not a requirement if you're the right match.
Our expectations for this role will be for you to become the overarching legal authority for the company - responsible for providing expert legal guidance to our COO, the executive team, and other departments as needed. In addition, we’ll look to you to manage relationships with local counsel across multiple states, ensuring they align with the company's legal strategy and compliance requirements. You will also be required to work with outside counsel on complex matters such as real estate closings, acquisitions, vendor contracts, and litigation, should it arise.
Your role here will allow you to contribute significantly to the company's success and growth, making you a valuable and vital member of our team. As a result, you will be able to grow your legal career in an exciting period for our company, gain valuable real estate industry experience, and contribute to a thriving vacation rental company.
We’re looking forward to seeing all that we can accomplish together.
- Manage all real property issues, including overseeing real estate closings in coordination with the Acquisitions and Closing Department.
- Handle all small claims, ranging from issues relating to guests’ stays to vendor relationships.
- Review and negotiate vendor agreements, employee contracts, etc.
- Register all Patriot Family Homes’ entities in the states in which Patriot Family Homes is doing business with the Secretary of States and maintain all registrations.
- Research all short-term rental regulations and requirements in the various local and state governments where the property is owned.
- Assure compliance with all short-term rental regulations, including acquiring business licenses and short-term rental permits.
- Negotiate insurance contracts and confirm all entities are properly insured.
- Must have a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited university and a license to practice law in one of the southern states with a slight preference for Tennessee.
- 5+ years of experience working in private practice or as in-house counsel.
- Experience understanding basic business practices as well as contracts and negotiations.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage schedules and priorities effectively.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google products, and other related software.
- Hospitality, real estate, or franchising industry experience is a plus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $150,000
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
Scheduling: As a remote worker, your schedule will be flexible, but it will be essential for you to be able to prioritize tasks appropriately with the ability to thrive in a remote working environment.