What began as a single restaurant and retail shop in stunning Key West has now become a global brand beloved and easily recognized for the carefree spirit of our founder, Jimmy Buffet.
Guests worldwide count on us for our exceptional service, tropical vibes, and undeniable good times whenever they stay at one of our many Margaritaville properties. Now they’ll have another exciting option - a tropical paradise in Panama City Beach.
Sprawling more than 13 acres on nearly 600 feet of gorgeous beachfront in Panama City Beach, the new Margaritaville Beach Cottage Resort is currently under construction and getting ready for the 2023 season. We are building 120 custom vacation homes with multiple food and beverage venues, a clubhouse with upscale amenities, an outdoor resort pool, and direct beach access to transport guests and owners into the Margaritaville state of mind.
If you think visiting Margaritaville is fun, just wait till you work here.
Where do fun-loving extroverts with experience in the hospitality industry and a passion for curating outstanding tropical vacations work? Margaritaville, of course!
Before opening for the first season, our Front Desk Manager will work directly with the Resort General Manager to transition the resort under construction to a fully operational beach paradise. You will assist in recruiting and training resort team members, and preparing offices and operation systems for guests and owner stays at the resort. You will have the opportunity to learn how to navigate our global technology booking systems, help manage our on-site reservations team and work directly with our Margaritaville Central Reservations Team. As our Front Desk Manager, you will get to know the owners of the homes in Margaritaville and be one of the very first to greet many of our guests. At our resort, every day is unique and inspiring, making for an exciting work-life experience.
In this role, you will help guests:
- book special events held at the resort
- bonfires on the beach
- cooking classes with resort chefs
- special music events
...as well as assist in many other aspects of creating exceptional guest experiences, requiring you to be able to listen closely to the needs of our guests and guide them in ways that will maximize their experience during their stay on our property.
We’re also currently creating a unique mobile portal connecting resort guests to everything from booking beach services to making reservations for special activities. This portal will be an innovative and efficient way for guests and staff to communicate directly.
Note: As an early-stage opportunity, this will provide a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to accept additional responsibilities and experience career growth.
- Work directly with Resort General Manager.
- Work closely with housekeeping, maintenance, and other service teams on the property.
- Build rapport and professional relationships with homeowners.
- Develop other Front Desk Staff according to property standards.
- Become skilled in our Resort Data Analytics and Reporting.
- Interface directly with Guests and Home Owners in an attentive and professional manner.
- Work with our Resort General Manager on monthly rental revenue reconciliation.
- Represent the resort in our local community.
- Foster a shared responsibility for the well-being of our staff, guests & community.
- Act with integrity and respect.
- Accurate data management.
- Embrace the “Fins Philosophy of Margaritaville”: (F) Fun at Work, (I) Involved the Guest, (N) Navigate the Now. (S) State of Mind
- 4+ years of prior resort or hotel front desk experience is a must
- 2+ years of experience in a management position is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite as a baseline of technology skills.
- Ability to positively motivate and support front desk staff
- Driven to create exceptional guest experiences.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to maintain a calm composure and professionalism when under pressure
- US work authorization required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: Competitive Salary
Bonus Details: Bonus based on company and individual performance
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Employee recognition programs
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules