Named one of America’s BEST Midsize Employers
Best Western is part of a leading global hospitality enterprise, and for good reason. We always deliver by offering charming accommodations, convenient locations and the friendliest staff in the business.
At the heart of our brand is a caring spirit shared by our hoteliers and our teams across the globe. We’re united by a deep commitment to delivering exceptional experiences and exceeding guest expectations with every stay. We’re also incredibly proud to have been recognized as a top employer, named one of “America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2022”.
And nowhere is that more true than at the Best Western - Apalachicola, where guests are greeted with our warm southern hospitality, provided with clean, inviting rooms, and located conveniently close to incredible destinations like St. George Island Beach.
If you’re looking for a position with a world-renowned company where you’ll feel like one of the family and have the opportunity to grow in your career, we’d love to hear from you.
A Front Desk Agent’s role is not simply to provide excellent customer service but also to help guests experience everything Best Western and the area has to offer. In this role, you'll be our front line in hospitality, ensuring every visitor knows how much we value their business and appreciate that they’ve trusted us to host them during their stay.
To be a successful Front Desk Agent, you must have a positive, upbeat attitude and fit in with our team culture, providing exceptional customer service and administrative support. Our team is looking for someone who is both professional and approachable. From check-in to check-out, you won’t just be processing transactions; you'll be creating an experience that offers the comfort guests expect when making Best Western their temporary home away from home. You will also need to have strong administrative skills and uphold our high standards of professionalism, whether that’s in answering the phones, responding to emails or answering a guest's question.
You’ll love this role if you’re organized and enjoy working in a positive and supportive team environment.
- Greet, register, and process guests and direct them to their assigned rooms.
- Answer the phone and emails, responding to current and prospective guest needs and requests.
- Book, manage, and maintain reservations, handle payment transactions, and utilize the hotel property management system.
- Anticipate and accommodate guest requests and complaints, working collaboratively with the appropriate hotel department(s).
- Promote hotel services/amenities.
- Refer guests to local attractions and places to visit.
- Maintain clean, organized, neat front desk and reception areas.
- Work experience as a hotel receptionist in the hospitality industry or customer service is preferred but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Task-driven and highly organized, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven multi-tasker with the ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in using a computer and ability to learn our property management software.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Hourly Wage: $14/hour
- Paid time off, such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings, holidays and weekends
Part of the White Sands Hospitality family