This position will support the Director of Finance in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance / Accounting department. The person in the role must play a key role in setting up financial reports and metrics, forecasts and projections, reconciliation procedures, and general accounting procedures for our growing franchise market.
We are looking for a self-starter who has a strong track record of setting up accounting policies and procedures and has strong technical accounting skills. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects in a growing company. The role would require collaboration with franchise owners and the business operations team so the person must have sound communication skills. Prior franchise accounting experience is important.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare journal entries with proper supporting documentation and schedules
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliations (Revenue, royalties, and costs) for the franchise and corporate locations
- Accurate and timely completion of month-end closing for franchise accounts
- Build and support revenue reports for deferred revenue and recognized revenue for franchisee’s
- Calculating royalties, Invoicing, and maintaining accounts receivable ledger for royalties receivable from franchisee’s
- The primary point of contact for all franchise accounting queries and provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information.
- Project management of accounting procedures to be set up when onboarding of new franchisee’s
- Treasury management for franchisee cash transfers on a monthly basis
- Training, guiding, and mentoring franchisee’s on financial reports, projections, systems, and processes
- Assisting franchisee’s with tax filings
- Profitability analysis, Trend analysis, and variance analysis for franchisee’s
- Assist with KPI dashboards and annual budgets
- Assist with year-end CPA audit for multiple locations
- Provide support for ad hoc projects and analysis as needed
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time
- Proficient in Excel (V-lookups, Pivot Tables)
- Accounting software knowledge required; experience in SAGE Intacct preferred but not required
- Proficient in Word and Outlook
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good problem-solving and time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Three (3) or more years of experience in accounting
- Experience in franchise accounting would be a plus
- Must have an Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA or CPA certification is a plus
PREFERRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Fast-paced office work environment
- Position requires constant sitting and ability to talk, hear and have vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- The employee must be able to lift or carry 10 pounds and occasionally lift or carry up to 20 pounds.
We are looking to hire immediately.
Seeking both – accounting fit and culture fit.
Compensation - $70,000 - $75,000 annual salary based on experience
Location: Remote- but you'll need to live in or near Torrance, CA to be able to come into the office for occasional team meetings. Initial 2 month training period In-office (Torrance Location).
- Would be ideal to have a person with a franchising/Vacation rental background along with SAGE Intacct experience and advanced excel skills.
- The person should have accounting experience and must be well versed with revenue accounting, tax accounting, treasury management, posting journal entries, data analysis, etc.
- The role is a newly created position so the person must be comfortable with continuous process improvement associated with growth organizations. The person must have the ability to build excel reports from scratch.
- The person must have attention to detail, must be proactive, must be deadlines-driven & process-driven, and must have an analytical mindset. A person with an accounting degree with 3-4 yrs experience would suit the role.