Patriot Family Homes is a fully integrated short-term rental company that is proudly Veteran-owned and -operated. We are currently headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, but also have many remote and travel roles, as well as field teams that include W-2 and 1099 team members who live in the markets where our houses are located across the Southeast, Midwest, Mid Atlantic, and Southwest.
Founded in 2018 by US Army Veteran Joe Riley, Patriot Family Homes was created to assist in helping meet the need for affordable, reliable housing in the South, particularly near military bases. Since then, we have grown from a handful of homes to 350+ properties in 25+ markets, offering services to clients in:
- Property Management
- Management Support
- Temporary Housing Relocation
As veterans, we understand the importance of “home,” and our team works each and every day to provide that feeling through exemplary service. When you become a team member at PFH you will become a part of our work family, where we strive to ensure you always feel supported and valued for the sacrifices you make as we continue to grow in excellence.
As part of this growth, we are looking to hire a Financial Transactions Specialist. This position will lead sourcing and analysis of all potential new leases in new markets. The Transaction Specialist will be responsible for processing high-volume accounting transactions such as accounts payable, including W9 administration, and payments to vendors, creditors, and service providers (utilities). This role will also be responsible for processing accounts receivable, cash receipts, credit card expense tracking and reconciliation, and performing AP, AR, and cash reconciliations.
- Reviewing invoices and credit card transactions for appropriate documentation and coding to the general ledger
- Maintain the accounts payable vendor master file, including W9 tracking
- Processing and tracking of accounts receivable
- Prepare reconciliations for cash, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other accounts as assigned
- Assist with the monthly accounting close procedures
- Create and maintain a robust reporting matrix to ensure Executive Leadership and other Departments can build timelines for upcoming inventory and create projections for future revenue and cash flows.
- 5+ years of experience processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, or equivalent work experience
- Strong proficiency with accounting and billing software and other tools such as MS Office and Excel, including pivot tables and VLOOKUP functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of general accounting procedures and relevant systems.
- Proficient in data entry and management.
- Experience working with Google Suite, Slack, Asana, and Microsoft Office Suites;
- Adept at learning new IT platforms; Significant benefit if experience using STR platforms
- As a veteran-owned and operated company, we love hiring veterans and families of veterans or active service members, but military service or affiliation is not required.
- Able to start ASAP ~3-6 weeks.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour depending on experience
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs