Patriot Family Homes is a fully integrated short-term rental company that is proudly Veteran-owned and -operated. We are currently headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, but also have many remote and travel roles, as well as field teams that include W-2 and 1099 team members who live in the markets where our houses are located across the Southeast, Midwest, Mid Atlantic, and Southwest.
Founded in 2018 by US Army Veteran Joe Riley, Patriot Family Homes was created to assist in helping meet the need for affordable, reliable housing in the South, particularly near military bases. Since then, we have grown from a handful of homes to 350+ properties in 25+ markets, offering services to clients in:
- Property Management
- Management Support
- Temporary Housing Relocation
As veterans, we understand the importance of “home,” and our team works each and every day to provide that feeling through exemplary service. When you become a team member at PFH you will become a part of our work family, where we strive to ensure you always feel supported and valued for the sacrifices you make as we continue to grow in excellence.
Currently, we are operating a rapidly growing portfolio of short-term rental properties. We are experiencing and will continue to experience high volume growth as a company. To match our growth, we need an accounting department with processes and systems in place to scale efficiently, with its primary focus being optimization. To that end, we are searching for an experienced Financial Controller to join our team.
You could be the ideal candidate if you are a proactive and driven leader with a strong desire to serve others.
As our Controller, a few of the major key areas you will be accountable for are:
- Leading our accounting team.
- Identifying solutions to current and potential future challenges.
- Effectively communicating with our executive leadership team, investors, and business partners at all levels.
- Building and retaining a high-performance team.
- Ensuring compliance with all tax regulations.
In this role, your objective will be to maintain a strong accounting organization, develop processes to ensure accurate and timely accounting, and develop critical business relationships across all functions of Patriot Family Homes.
This is a very high-profile position within the Company, and as such, you will interact daily with our executive leadership and all operational departments within the Company.
If you are confident you possess the qualifications we require, you love our company's trajectory, and know that you can thrive in a culture with a heart to serve that values hard work, we’d love the opportunity to talk with you.
- Oversee the financial department.
- Work as a liaison between the financial department and other company departments.
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording and reporting of financial information on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis in accordance with US GAAP, including the timely completion of all balance sheet reconciliations.
- Direct all general accounting functions across the portfolio of companies.
- Manage all reporting to meet internal and external financial reporting requirements, including standard financial statements (balance sheet, P&L, cash flow), portfolio performance, and cash-on-cash return, amongst others.
- Ensure timely payment of all liabilities and processing of cash receipts.
- Monitor outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable and associated aging of those accounts.
- Oversee and provide leadership to the accounting team and provide insight to leadership to allow the team to scale accordingly with the rapid growth of the business.
- Coordinate and lead efforts for continuous improvement both in the accounting department and across the organization.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process and other regulatory examinations/reviews as necessary.
- Research, interpret, document, and implement accounting guidance associated with various accounting transactions, including the adoption of new accounting standards.
- Interact with lenders, auditors, and other third parties regarding finance functions as required.
- Ensure compliance with all tax regulations, filings of returns, and payments of tax liabilities, including property tax, lodging, and occupancy tax, sales and use tax, and annual federal income taxes due from owners.
- Manage external teams responsible for income taxes, revenue recognition, payroll and benefits administration, and others as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required
- CPA or CPA-eligible is highly preferred but not required
- 5+ years of accounting experience or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience supervising other team members
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Experience navigating and leading change in a positive way
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal involvement from the manager
- Works with accuracy and free of errors to a high-degree
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills with all levels of management
- Adept at handling group dynamics
- Adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Able to navigate CRM software and web-based bookkeeping software
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $100,000 - $150,000 based on achievement and experience
Bonus Details: Based on performance metrics
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts, such as HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs