Carolina Resort Company is a private, family-owned real estate investment, management, and development firm focused on delivering limited-edition hospitality experiences. Our firm owns and operates a bespoke collection of lifestyle inns, motels, and vacation rental properties throughout the coast of North Carolina, which currently include The Tranquil House Inn and 1587 Restaurant & Lounge on the Outer Banks, the Loggerhead Inn & Suites on Topsail Island, and The Beach House Motel & Suites on Oak Island, North Carolina.
As a family-owned company, we take great pride in serving other families. Ever since our founding, Carolina Resort Company and our affiliate brands have earned an impeccable reputation for an unwavering commitment to our guests, employees, and the communities we serve. Our singular focus has been on creating unforgettable, authentic experiences for our valued Guests, and giving back to the local community.
We are looking for a dynamic Head Chef with vision, drive, and experience to manage the day-to-day offerings of 1587 Restaurant & Lounge, our award-winning onsite restaurant located in The Tranquil House Inn. If you are a born leader and creative Chef looking for a home in a company driven by its belief and commitment to passionately create a sense of belonging for our guests and one another, then we are looking for you.
This is a rare opportunity to work and live in one of the most sought-after destinations in the world, historic Roanoke Island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and put his/her stamp on an iconic dining location. For over 20 years, 1587 Restaurant & Lounge has garnered an impeccable reputation as one of the Outer Banks' most popular waterfront dining experiences for special occasions, parties, romantic getaway dinners, and guests of the inn.
As the Head Chef, you will be able to craft the menu's vision and offerings, train and develop a kitchen team, and continue to build the reputation of 1587 as a world-class destination restaurant. You will work closely with our Front House Manager and General Manager to delight our guests and dining patrons. With dinner-only service Wednesday - Saturday, and seasonal brunch on Sundays, you will have time to plan, organize, and come up with creative ways to surprise.
- Food production and menu development for the restaurant, event functions, and the Inn Recruit, hire, train, supervise, develop, schedule, coach, and counsel culinary and back-of-house team members
- Quality assurance, inventory, financials, vendor relations, job safety, food safety, and sanitation Reports to the hotel GM and works closely with Front of House manager and team members Must have strong computer and directorial skills
- Solid culinary pedigree with good progression and tenure
- At least 3 years of experience as an upscale, ingredient-driven chef, including events
- VIP guest experience is a must
- Exceptional culinary skills: menu development, event planning, and recipe development with supporting training and quality assurance materials
- You must not be an office chef who is afraid to get behind the stove.
- Experience contributing to the creation of PR/Marketing campaigns and budgets
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: $70,000 - $80,000
Bonus Details: Bonus potential based on production and agreed-upon measurables.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Relocation assistance
- Temporary housing assistance is available if necessary