Location: Kill Devil Hills, NC
Position type: Full time
SAGA Realty & Construction is an innovative and growing Home Builder, Community Developer, and Real Estate Sales Company with offices in Kill Devil Hills and Kitty Hawk, NC. Our passion for building combined with over 15 years of experience and market research allows us to help create quality homes and communities where people feel like they belong. As a local family-owned company, and one of the largest businesses on the Outer Banks, SAGA believes in giving back to the community and elevating the Outer Banks in everything they do.
At SAGA, you can build a rewarding career where your potential for growth is unlimited! Team members at every level at SAGA offer valued contributions to the company and you'll find endless opportunities for challenging FUN work. Our multi-faceted company includes interior design, property management, real estate sales, accounting, maintenance, technology, and more! Pay is very competitive and the benefits package for career positions is unmatched in the area. Get in touch and see for yourself why SAGA is the best place to work on the Outer Banks!
SAGA Construction, Inc. (SAGA), an innovative and growing construction firm is looking for an Estimating and Procurement Manager with at least 3+ years of experience in estimating and purchasing for residential and/or commercial construction. Excellent negotiation, organization, and communication skills required. The ideal candidate will be responsible for bidding, negotiating, and contracting of the residential and multi-family new construction division.
- Lead the communication and pricing negotiations with Trade Partners.
- Create preliminary budgets and SOV’s for multi-family and single-family projects.
- Maintain historical cost information to assist in the development of new projects.
- Perform onscreen take-offs and create and refine scopes of work for inclusion in bid packages.
- Review bids for completeness and accuracy. Assist in the selection of preferred bidders based on resource allocation, competitiveness, and ability to fulfill contract and scheduling requirements.
- Responsible for oversight of Procore as it relates to purchasing.
- Interact with Trade Partners and Field Staff to resolve issues as they arise.
- Review plans and specifications from a cost perspective identifying areas in conflict with the goals for the community.
- Lead and manage the procurement team.
- Other various miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. BS in Business Management or related field preferred, but not required.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Outlook, Excel, Word) required.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Impeccable integrity, drive, positive attitude, and a proven ability to work across departments and teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- 3+ years of experience
- $75,000 - $85,000 (Base Salary) + Bonus Potential
- Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental within 90 days of hire.
- Outstanding 401k
- Other Benefits
Notes This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time. This posting or any subsequent interviews do not constitute a contract of employment. SAGA Construction is an equal opportunity employer.