Director of Sales & Marketing
Location: This is a partial-remote position. You'll have the ability to work from home but must live in or near Fayetteville, AR to be able to come into the office as needed and to meet with our homeowners regularly.
At Cohobnb our mission is to provide a wide array of unique and luxury vacation rentals across Northwest Arkansas. Each of our vacation rentals is set up specifically for guest enjoyment. Our team includes specialists in sales, hospitality, customer service, marketing, housekeeping, maintenance, real estate, interior design, and more! We are go-getters and applaud those who challenge the status quo & think outside the box. We love Northwest Arkansas & love offering travelers the best possible experience in our towns. We are swiftly growing and adapting, and we are looking for candidates who fit our company culture primarily and who are willing to join in the face-paced environment and be a part of a small business.
We are looking for a results-driven, and detail-oriented Director of Sales & Marketing (DSM) to join Cohobnb Properties. This role requires bi-directional Sales & Marketing campaigns, both to guests (to increase rentals and revenue) and to property owners (to increase inventory).
The right candidate will have an instinctive ability to recognize, retain, and respect the talent within the organization. The DSM will be responsible for managing the Marketing Department, Owner Business Development Department, and Guest Sales & Reservations departments.
- Manage and continually improve all aspects of Cohobnb Properties’ Marketing programs including SEO, Social Media, Newsletter, PPC, Print, Partnerships, Rate/Revenue Management, Listing Sites, and other relevant mediums
- Increase Cohobnb Properties’ bottom line through efficient growth in rental revenue, mark-ups, fees, and growth of inventory
- Research the customer experience (owner and guest) with Cohobnb Properties and drive improvements in product development
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (brand awareness, communications, events, etc.), and ensure they align with Cohobnb Properties’ unique “voice”
- Responsible for the look and content of the website(s) and social media outlets, maintaining brand awareness, and maximizing visitor conversion
- Manage brand reputation including review sites, press releases, and community engagement
- Acquire reliable and comprehensive data on sales and customer experience from different departments
- Use CRM systems (such as mail chimp, Hubspot, etc) to provide drip email campaigns to potential guests, prior guests, potential owners, and current owners
- Drive investment in digital marketing and roll out technological upgrades
- Establish the marketing budget and track return on investment
- Keep abreast of market/industry research and understand how trends are changing
- Communicate regularly with other departments and executives, reporting on marketing and sales activity
- Contribute to product development for both guest and owner product offerings
- Use analytics to drive marketing and sales development
- Use customer analytics to drive owner and guest loyalty, customer behaviors, and market trends
- Set KPIs and track progress
Sales & Business Development: 50%
- Manage and continually improve all aspects of Owner Business Development and Guest Reservations through product (our listings) management.
- Hire and continually train a business development team working to grow the inventory of the company and bring new homeowners into our portfolio
- Help to shape and build the properties we bring in our portfolio to attract the highest quality guests and increase top-line revenue and training an inbound and outbound sales and marketing team.
- Know the market inside and out and coach and develop the team to help to educate guests and owners on what sets us apart from the competition.
- Ensure revenue goals are met and properties are priced at what will convert through metrics such as RevPAR
- Ensure Owner’s Projected revenue goals are being met and exceeded year after year.
- Develop and implement new upsell strategies for guests and owners alike to maximize conversion rates
- Always keeping the customer in mind and how to best implement strategy maximizing our customer engagement
- Leadership and influencing skills: As Director of Sales &Marketing you will, in conjunction with the COO, drive the strategy of our organization. Key to the role is the ability to inspire, motivate and persuade others across the organization
- Strong research and benchmarking skills: Using data and analytics to optimize marketing strategy and improve sales performance
- Writing skills: Ability to write compelling, crisp copy for a variety of marketing channels
- Proven experience as a director or manager in marketing, sales, or similar role. Experience in the Short Term Vacation Rental Industry is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion, etc.)
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels
- Understanding of different business disciplines (IT, finance, etc.)
- Proficient in business software (e.g. CRM)
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities
- BS/BA in business administration, marketing, communications, or relevant field, or at least 5 years relevant experience
- Remote based work is optional
$65,000-$75,000/year Salary + commission for reaching sales goals
Benefits include unlimited time off, 401k w/ Employer Match, Healthcare Reimbursement, company discounts, frequent performance assessments, and an extremely flexible work environment.