Maya Luxe is an experiential luxury villa vacation company serving the Riviera Maya as a destination leader. With 15 years of experience, our collection encompasses over 120 unique villas and countless experiences throughout the area for types of travelers and visitors. Our core focus is a dedication to community and nature through our in-house foundation, Rise, which allocates parts of proceeds towards regenerative and sustainable efforts for the ocean and communities in the region.
The Director of Sales reports to the COO as the person in charge and is responsible for all sales-related businesses in the company. As a director, you are communicative, proactive, and a leader for your own team as well as the company overall ensuring transparent communication between executives and managers. A leadership style that is firm and goal-oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised, and enthusiastic communication style. Because the pace of the work is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical.
The focus of this job is on achieving results that are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions. The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. While the job requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency, and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges, a full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position.
The Sales Director at Maya Luxe monitors closely day-to-day team performance with a dedication to team support, improvement, and above all, personal development of the team members. Being a team player and leader in your field, you continuously strive to develop the team's talent, identifying opportunities in overall department processes as well as inter-departmental organization. You maintain a clear focus on the yearly company objectives and identify small and large opportunities achieving objective key results on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Managing Villa and Experience Sales Teams. Currently, 15 team members expected to grow to 25
- Responsible for creation of yearly sales division business plan
- Team manager, leader, responsible for team development and organization
- Day-to-day responsibility for the lead queue, sales funnel and ensuring successful closing of all active opportunities.
- Consistent supervision and development of sales strategies and implementation of same on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Monitoring marketing data deducing ROI, segments, demographics and identifying opportunities for business development, sales executives and C-Suite
- Responsible for Sales division KPI's and OKRs
- Assists and works with COO and other managers on overall strategies including marketing, PR, and offline initiatives
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership position
- 5 years of sales experience within the hospitality
- Experience working with Hospitality consortia (Virtuoso, FHR, Signature, etc)
- Experience in developing B2B hospitality sales channels
- Proficiency in
- Google App Suite
- Min 30% travel requirement
- First Quarter
- First 4 weeks in-destination presence
- First-quarter thereafter the majority of the time spent at HQ/in destination
- Thereafter min 30% travel availability.
- HQ visits -Playa del Carmen/Tulum/Riviera Maya and future markets (Mexico West Coast, Latin America, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama)
- In-destination training/familiarization of Villas, Services, Guest Experiences, business development opportunities, team meetups.
- Scouting / Hosted Fam trips
- Mexico, Riveira Maya, Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, Careyes, Oaxaca, San Miguel de Allende, Valle del Bravo, Tequila/Jalisco and more.
- Possible Industry events/attendances
- Virtuoso Travel Week Las Vegas
- Pure Marrakech
- LE Miriam,
- Roadshows and in-feeder market B2B sales events
- US - East Coast/West Coast, South East, and Mid West
- Possible European focus depending on market opportunities
- First Quarter
- Spanish speaking highly preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary:$45,000.00 -$85,000.00 based on experience with total on-track earnings (OTE) of $200,000+
Override on gross sales, bonus on team audit and customer excellence performance, bonus on attaining company milestones as well as department-specific advances per business plans.
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance
- Health Insurance Reimbursement
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Telecommuting options
- Workplace perks such as recreation activities, food and coffee, and flexible work schedules