Dauphin Island Beach Rentals is a vacation rental property management company. We are known for high-end property management and have one of the top property portfolios on Dauphin Island. Our success comes in the balance of meeting both guest expectations and owner expectations. We find ways to deliver the best possible experience with courtesy, responsiveness, and fine accommodations. We do this with a team approach and a combined focus on our collective success. Our guests leave the island with memories that last a lifetime. People come in memory of childhood vacations, to get married, to be with family, to get away from busy lives. Our goal is to make that all possible. Our owners come to us because we are the most attentive company on the island and the most committed. We have the team, the budget, the facilities, the software, and the tools.
The Director of Operations is responsible for all day-to-day activities of Dauphin Island Beach Rentals as well as advising and executing forward-looking strategies. The role must ensure all departments are operating at the top of their ability and that we are meeting the mission to be the best Vacation Rental Management Company on Dauphin Island, evidenced by owner satisfaction, guest satisfaction, and financial performance. This role reports to the Owners of JS Vacations Inc, the parent company of Dauphin Island Beach Rentals.
Guest Services and Reservations
- Step into staff roles as necessary for continuity of operations.
- Oversee staff and ensure we are delivering best-in-class guest services.
- Oversee staff and ensure we are maximizing our reservation opportunities.
- Ensure posts weekly on Facebook to engage our audience
- Oversee development and production of unit magazines
- Investigates and resolve guest complaints
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators
- Review sales reports and develop strategies as necessary when there they show opportunity.
- Review call reports and develops strategies as necessary when they show opportunity.
Maintenance & Housekeeping
- Maintains properties with oversight of maintenance and contracting for additional repairs.
- Ensure all units are free of maintenance issues and ready to rent
- Confirm the status of larger jobs that impact unit availability so that we are sure units are ready after blocks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with any/all vendors needed to complete housekeeping assignments, maintenance issues, and work orders.
- Ensures that any financial expenditures above $200 are approved by owners
- Coordinate and manage external cleaning companies
- Oversee inspection and quality control for housekeeping
- Ensure deep cleans are scheduled and completed per owner approvals
- Accomplishes goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to operations
- Watches all prescribed training videos
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
Surveys and Review
- Go through all surveys weekly. Respond to guests via email for scores below 90% thanking them and sharing our action.
- Review surveys with appropriate team members for recognition, course correction, or sharing of notable feedback.
- For surveys that rate us at or above 90%, rate Airbnb/VRBO guests online to encourage a public rating for the respective property.
- Review all VRBO and Airbnb surveys weekly and respond to all of them. Always take the high road in response.
- Accommodate requests for deliveries, assist owners to the extent possible with household improvements.
- Prioritizes responses to owner questions
- Provide owners with contacts of contractors for large jobs.
- Bid small jobs for owners as needed.
- Maintain awareness of forecasted conditions and time frames
- 3+ days from impact, inform concerned guests that we are watching the storm and will communicate with them on any decisions made once we have more information
- Plan strategy for evacuations, advisories, etc should be determined by 2 days to impact.
- Proactively message all affected guests that we are monitoring the situation and will be in contact
- Ensure messaging of all guests of storm plans, even if just tying up furniture. Put guests at ease if we are not evacuating them. Be realistic, but not fear-inducing.
- Manage policy to refund only evacuated guests (not voluntary departures) for days missed due to evacuation.
- Ensure incoming guests are well informed of the island situation and property availability.
- Senior Level Property Management Experience or significant development toward that role
- Driver’s License
- Ability to commute to Dauphin Island and be on the island within one hour of notice
- College Degree in relatable discipline
- Strong technology aptitude
- Team Builder Mindset
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Annual Salary: based on experience
- Paid time off such as PTO, sick days, and vacation days
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Relocation assistance
- Technology tools included
- Initial budget to design your future office of $2000 included