Director of Operations
At Cohobnb our mission is to provide a wide array of unique and luxury vacation rentals across Northwest Arkansas. Each of our vacation rentals is set up specifically for guest enjoyment. Our team includes specialists in sales, hospitality, customer service, marketing, housekeeping, maintenance, real estate, interior design, and more! We are go-getters and applaud those who challenge the status quo & think outside the box. We love Northwest Arkansas & love offering travelers the best possible experience in our towns. We are swiftly growing and adapting, and we are looking for candidates who fit our company culture primarily and who are willing to join in the face-paced environment and be a part of a small business.
The Director of Operations (DO) will report to the CEO/GM and is responsible for leading our Operations team, including the Maintenance, Housekeeping, Guest Services, and Owner Services Departments. This includes managing daily operations, projects, budgeting, human resources, and safety. The Director of Operations will take a hands-on approach to develop and train staff and ensure quality assurance for our guests and homeowners. All duties and responsibilities of this position are always to be performed with exceptional caring and genuine service upholding Cohobnb’s standards and culture. We are looking for an energetic and fast-paced person to create a positive and uplifting company culture within the field team while sourcing and securing A players for the company while consistently innovating and adapting to the growth of the company.
- Direct and manage the activities of the Operations team, leading, managing, and holding accountable the Housekeeping Manager, Maintenance Manager, Guest Services Manager, and Property Managers to present the best product and services we can for our Guests and Homeowners.
- Ensure the Warehouse has all supplies and equipment needed to provide for field operations on a weekly basis
- Ensure the scheduling of all work orders occur and are performed within a timely manner for the 24/7 elements of the department.
- Establish, improve, and implement operational systems, processes, and policies for the business including reporting, analysis, information management, quality control, organizational planning, and objectives.
- Partner closely with Human Resources to determine staffing requirements. Interview, select, hire, develop, and retain employees. Build cohesive teams and develop future leaders within the company.
- Ensure all staff are properly trained and have the tools and materials needed to effectively perform their responsibilities.
- Schedule, activities, tasks, and the work of others to successfully collaborate on and complete projects, on time and within budget.
- Assist with budget preparation for personnel, supplies, and materials. Monitor and control resources to minimize waste.
- Actively contribute as a member of the Cohobnb Management Team, participate in weekly meetings, provide insight, and collaborate on problem-solving. Support the decisions and direction of the team and company.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment free of hazards. Ensure all policies and procedures are followed and enforced.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Oversee the operations of the laundry facility and warehouse; understand current processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the Maintenance department; ensure repairs are completed timely and correctly
- Prepare department schedules according to business needs.
- Ensure all KPIs for Housekeeping, Maintenance, and the warehouse are being met.
- Minimum of three (3) years of personnel management experience preferably in upper-level hospitality or service operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one (1) year managing budgets
- Ability to work a variable schedule including weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Have worked in a startup or an extremely fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to solve complex problems by selecting the most appropriate course of action
- Must pass a background check prior to hire
- Organizational savvy
- Project management
- Analytical skills
- Stress management
- Sales/persuasion/influence skills
- Negotiation skills
- Developing others
- Managerial focus
$70,000 - $75,000 Annual salary based on experience and qualifications + bonus opportunities based on performance.
$1000 - Once 30 days of employment have passed
Benefits include unlimited time off, 401k w/ Employer Match, Healthcare Reimbursement, company discounts, frequent performance assessments, and an extremely flexible work environment.